• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Bay Area BMW MOA Member and BMW Owner

torrnado

hey fellow bmwmoa members! just a quick post to introduce myself. i have been riding and have lived in california for 27 years (10 in los angeles, 10 in san diego and now san francisco). to be honest, all forums have baffle me in their navigation, etc., and i'm not really a fan given the negative experiences i've had in other forums. i get that it can be annoying for newbies to make mistakes and it can get annoying for the seasoned users, but i've perused instructions numerous times, and i'm still not exactly certain how it all works.

after being a die-hard honda fan (varied bike list below), i'm a first time bmw owner. if you told me five or 10 years ago that i'd own a bmw, i would've laughed in your face. i've always appreciated them, but found them to be over-priced and expensive to maintain. i'm as surprised as anyone that i spent twice what i had planned, but if i could forget the cost issue, i absolutely love my RT. i had a sport touring bike that was uncomfortable for two-up riding and my partner hated riding with me, so i sold it two years ago planning to buy a replacement touring bike. i couldn't make my mind up for the longest time, but long story short, i pulled the trigger and bought one in ebony metallic...we call him schwarzkirsche, german for black cherry. i've already got 3,200 miles and am eagerly planning several trips this summer. oh, and my partner now loves riding on the back of schwarzkirsche!

IMG_2716.jpg

i generally prefer riding with smaller groups (four - six riders). i don't mind spirited riding, but if you like to do wheelies or stoppies, we probably won't be a good match. there are countless roads in the northern california area that are yet undiscovered by me, so i'm looking for people with a sense of curiosity and adventure. so hit me up if you're up for a ride (pretty flexible schedule), or if you know where i can meet other riders in the bay area. and thank you for your patience while i muddle through the forum!

1989 honda nx250
1996 honda pc800
1995 honda nighthawk 750
1998 honda nighthawk 750
2002 honda 919
2003 kawasaki z1000
2004 honda vfr800a
2009 yamaha wr250x
2004 yamaha zuma 50
and now, r1200rt!

Welcome to the MOA and the forum! You did good read the instructions and figuring things out. :thumb Nice bike and pretty picture...the green background looks nice. You should have fun exploring NorCal. :wave

I live in Santa Clara and would love to ride. My wife and I love to ride but do not know that many people who ride. I am like you. I like to cruise easy, enjoy the sights and relax.

Welcome Aboard!

Torrnado,

Welcome to the club and the forum! Great looking ride you have there - the photo could be in a brochure for BMW.

Come join us in Billings for the International Rally.

Thanks for being a member!

Welcome

hey fellow bmwmoa members! just a quick post to introduce myself. i have been riding and have lived in california for 27 years (10 in los angeles, 10 in san diego and now san francisco). to be honest, all forums have baffle me in their navigation, etc., and i'm not really a fan given the negative experiences i've had in other forums. i get that it can be annoying for newbies to make mistakes and it can get annoying for the seasoned users, but i've perused instructions numerous times, and i'm still not exactly certain how it all works.

after being a die-hard honda fan (varied bike list below), i'm a first time bmw owner. if you told me five or 10 years ago that i'd own a bmw, i would've laughed in your face. i've always appreciated them, but found them to be over-priced and expensive to maintain. i'm as surprised as anyone that i spent twice what i had planned, but if i could forget the cost issue, i absolutely love my RT. i had a sport touring bike that was uncomfortable for two-up riding and my partner hated riding with me, so i sold it two years ago planning to buy a replacement touring bike. i couldn't make my mind up for the longest time, but long story short, i pulled the trigger and bought one in ebony metallic...we call him schwarzkirsche, german for black cherry. i've already got 3,200 miles and am eagerly planning several trips this summer. oh, and my partner now loves riding on the back of schwarzkirsche!

View attachment 49134

i generally prefer riding with smaller groups (four - six riders). i don't mind spirited riding, but if you like to do wheelies or stoppies, we probably won't be a good match. there are countless roads in the northern california area that are yet undiscovered by me, so i'm looking for people with a sense of curiosity and adventure. so hit me up if you're up for a ride (pretty flexible schedule), or if you know where i can meet other riders in the bay area. and thank you for your patience while i muddle through the forum!

1989 honda nx250
1996 honda pc800
1995 honda nighthawk 750
1998 honda nighthawk 750
2002 honda 919
2003 kawasaki z1000
2004 honda vfr800a
2009 yamaha wr250x
2004 yamaha zuma 50
and now, r1200rt!

"Welcome"

A Safe Group of Like Minded Riders

I would like to invite you to a local north bay ride that happens every Sunday. Meet at Big Rock Deli (San Rafael) at 7:45am. Adult riders who enjoy the finer things in life. Mostly BMW's but other exotic brands attend.

Ride leaves at 8am. Ride goes for about an hour before breakfast stop in very cool place (60 miles above SF). Ride continues after breakfast in smaller group north up HWY 1 and inland.

Safe (but spirited) riders, like minded-friendly-no judgement adults, great roads, amazing breakfast location and many options of roads to ride. Show up and enjoy. Ask for Bull Dog (R1200GSW-Red) and I will introduce you to the group--or you will find they will introduce themselves.

Hope to see you.

And, by the way, first time on this forum for me...

I would like to invite you to a local north bay ride that happens every Sunday. Meet at Big Rock Deli (San Rafael) at 7:45am. Adult riders who enjoy the finer things in life. Mostly BMW's but other exotic brands attend.

Ride leaves at 8am. Ride goes for about an hour before breakfast stop in very cool place (60 miles above SF). Ride continues after breakfast in smaller group north up HWY 1 and inland.

i've added it to my calendar and will soon be joining you guys for a ride! thanks!

Safe (but spirited) riders, like minded-friendly-no judgement adults, great roads, amazing breakfast location and many options of roads to ride. Show up and enjoy. Ask for Bull Dog (R1200GSW-Red) and I will introduce you to the group--or you will find they will introduce themselves.

Hope to see you.

And, by the way, first time on this forum for me...

I showed up several weeks ago around 8:00 am (gg bridge traffic and my own fault for not arriving sooner) and i must've missed you guys. are you still riding every sunday? my bike wouldn't start today so i missed the ride, but still hope to make it one of these weeks!

Back