• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member in San Francisco

kgaskins

Greetings! My name is Ken and I am new to this group. I have lived in San Francisco for almost 50 years. I am married and newly retired.

I currently ride a R1250RT and while this is my third BMW, it's my first boxer. I do a lot of riding and am planning a long distance trip for this coming summer/fall. I look forward to interacting with other members on this forum.

Attachments

• IMG_4078.jpeg
    IMG_4078.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 4
Where do you plan to go on your long trip. Folks here might be able to suggest good sights and stopping points along the way. We like to help.

Greetings! My name is Ken and I am new to this group. I have lived in San Francisco for almost 50 years. I am married and newly retired.

I currently ride a R1250RT and while this is my third BMW, it's my first boxer. I do a lot of riding and am planning a long distance trip for this coming summer/fall. I look forward to interacting with other members on this forum.

Hi Ken, welcome to the forum. I'm going on my 4th BMW soon, I've had a '12 K1600GTL, a '13 R1200GS ADV, and a '15 R1200 GS ADV. Waiting on delivery of a R1300GS - hopefully Feb timeframe. Ride safe. I lived in SF in early '80's gotta get back to ride in that area. I've ridden around LA and south, need to get North!

Hola Ken, and welcome to Retirement Living & BMW LDR Riding! Hope that you'll show up in person in Redmond, OR in June! 😝 >>> <<< Don't know how many MOA rallies you've been able to attend, But They Are bringing this one very close to U! We'll see ya there, volunteering and camping somewhere on the fairgrounds. Happy Travels!

I'd suggest U put this Vintage M/C Museum on your not-to-be missed Bucket list...
https://www.barbermuseum.org

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d
'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’08 CRF230L
'14 K16GT ———— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L -—- ’11 Vespa GTS 300

Where do you plan to go on your long trip. Folks here might be able to suggest good sights and stopping points along the way. We like to help.
Well, we are still planning, but I have a friend who rides a GS and he lives in Boston. We are going to meet in Kansas City, MO. We are going to do some riding there and on over to St. Louis and down into Memphis. We're calling it the BBQ tour. We're thinking of starting the end of August. It's going to be toasty, but I need to be back in SF at the end of September.

I'm not quite sure of the route yet, but I am thinking the more northern route will be more scenic. But I am certainly open to suggestions.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 2.55.18 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 2.55.18 PM.png
    571.6 KB · Views: 1
Back