• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Never Forget

Bud

It is what it is.
Today we remember those who are serving and those who served.

All gave some, some gave all.

A THANK YOU to all veterans.

You're the reason we sleep well at night, consider this a safe enough country to raise families in, and are a source of great pride.

Bless You All. :usa

To all my Brothers and Sisters in Arms. Thanks and Happy Veteran's Day.
:usa

Mods, we need a saluting smilie added to the choices. :deal

Remembrance

In remembrance to all who serve, past present and future.

Capt. T.E.M. Cainey C.D. (Retired)
Canadian Air Force Reserve

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place: and in the sky
The larks still bravely singing fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the dead: short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved: and now we lie
In Flanders fields!
Take up our quarrel with the foe
To you, from failing hands, we throw
The torch: be yours to hold it high
If ye break faith with us who die,
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields

John McCrae

:cry :ca

Poppies go with me when ever I travel.

One on my hi-vis vest. One on the visor of both cages and poppies on my cage's license plates.

I remember every day of the year. Not just on 11 November.

Thank you and a bigger thanks to those that served with and before me. I have talked to a few WWII vets who respond "oh it was nothing". But we all know it was a lot!:clap

A very humble thank you for the post, and my thanks to those who have served, and for those still serving today.

JC
USAF (Ret.)

Thanks to all of you who served.

I attended the dedication of a new memorial for Iraq and Iran at the Veteran's Cemetary in Randolph Center Vermont. It was very moving, and the memorial itself is beautiful. The names of all 40 military members who have died in Iraq and Iran are engraved on the memorial. Our Vermont Guard should all be home between Thanksgiving and Christmas; as Governor Douglas said, we hope no more names will be engraved there.

Muriel

Thanks to all for remembering. My French wife and I were going to take my Dad (WW2 Vet) to applebees for dinner but there was an hour wait. We ended up going to a steakhouse, and my wife grabbed the bill and said "I want to buy my two veterans dinner. " She turned to my dad and said especially you. Thank you for saving my country.

Hey all: As I set here at this computer, the tears are running down my cheeks... Great post, Jet boat. I am humbled by the thought that, yet today, thousands of this countries young people are serving in places that most of us couldn't find on a map, and doing it willingly. They know, as did we, that the price of freedom is, indeed, eternal vigilance? To all my fellow comrades in arms, I say welcome home, may God bless you and may He bless this great country!!!! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

To all my fellow service men and women: Thank you for your service! You are in my prayers each and every night!

Back