• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Need help choosing an oil

I thought the entire oil issue was resolved three or four oil threads ago. If only BMW would publish some info that describes the specifications for the oils to use in their bikes in the owner's manual..... and a chart showing which viscosity to use in a given temperature range would be handy too. Then owners could buy any oil they like so long as it met the specifications in the manual. Oh well, maybe someday.

"Things were better back then." The manuals for my K75s, my R1150R, and my F650 Dakar have those specs in the owner's manual.

"Things were better back then." The manuals for my K75s, my R1150R, and my F650 Dakar have those specs in the owner's manual.

Zounds, on a whim I checked our F650GS,(single), F650GS, F800GS, FJR, Super Tenere, Can-Am Outlander and John Deere D140, and they all have that same sort of information in their owner's manual... who knew. Next they'll be putting it in the manual for cars.

I thought the entire oil issue was resolved three or four oil threads ago. If only BMW would publish some info that describes the specifications for the oils to use in their bikes in the owner's manual..... and a chart showing which viscosity to use in a given temperature range would be handy too. Then owners could buy any oil they like so long as it met the specifications in the manual. Oh well, maybe someday.

They do

owner manual.JPG

Oil.JPG

Back