• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Navigator VI (Nav-VI) - April availability

My head is starting to hurt thinking about how many paper maps I can buy for that much money :scratch If it was good enough for Lindberg,.....

I call BS. Lindberg wasn't using paper maps across the Atlantic. And if current GPS technology had been available he sure would have used it.

However; yes, paper maps *are* still useful. I use both paper and GPS for planning and navigating on the motorcycle. Many times I ignore the GPS and go with what the maps says. ;)

Glad to help, Lee.

FWIW, A&S Motorcycles usually will sell almost everything in the BMW line, and anything else in the store for 15% off twice a year at Thanksgiving and Christmas. When I say everything, there was one asterisk in their email, and here it is:

"* "Almost" means this Hot Deal does not apply to Touratech products, already-discounted items, tires, gift certificates, service work or vehicle sales."

That's a long time to wait to save nearly $150 however...

Finally arrived. So much courier drama!
75dd0025f0d74e12a12e50c77024a140.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sierra BMW has also announced the Nav-VI @ $949 like A&S. Sierra says they have stock which likely means A&S has stock now as well.
BMW Part # 77528355998 as noted earlier.

So we're all good to go, now just have to win the lottery. ;-)

Nav VI

Mine was delivered today. So far I have loaded in some addresses and I am now downloading updates. After that I am counting on you guys to teach me how to use it. Should a new thread be started or continue with this one?

Mine was delivered today. So far I have loaded in some addresses and I am now downloading updates. After that I am counting on you guys to teach me how to use it. Should a new thread be started or continue with this one?
With all the interest in this latest piece of GPS gear, a new thread is probably a great idea.......perhaps "The Navigator VI tips and operations thread".
Gary

In the past, I've suggested/requested a separate sub-section under Gear for navigation and under that for the "current" Navigator version so it would look like: Gear / Navigation / Navigator-VI

There was push back with the comment that where would one stop, etc., but for me, the current format of having all "Gear" in one bucket is very much akin to using the floor for one's filing system.

My vote is for a dedicated sub-section at the very least for the newest Nav units. Now is the perfect time to start, or experiment, as there will never be fewer threads and they will only grow. In a perfect world (for me, not everyone) there would also be a sub-section for Nav-V.

Gear
Navigation​
Navigator-VI​
Navigator-V​

Even better:
Gear
Navigation​
GPS Units​
Navigator-VI​
Navigator-V​
All others​
Smartphone​

It is a logical filing / information retrieval system that doesn't have all the pitfalls and weaknesses of Tags, Keywords, or Searches, all of which fail because they only work when everybody knows how to spell and doesn't make mistakes , remembers to follow a specific protocol, etc., etc. (I'm definitely not perfect and neither is my spelling or typing). Proper structured sub-sections take care of that better than anything else I've ever run across and make a Moderator's life a little easier as well which is always a good thing.

I'm all up for tips and tricks on the Six. So far I've found that some of the nav guidance is pretty rough routing through Sicily. Took me on some bad roads, road closures. Also, it liked to route through cities instead of around.

Finally, the smartphone link tracker doesn't published to facebook as published... still figuring out the follow me options.

I just pulled the trigger on a Nav VI. I did it through a group buy organized by someone over at ADVRider. It was an attractive price, and I did the ordering directly from the participating BMW dealer. The four they had in stock are gone, but they expect more on Tuesday, though I asked that they set one aside when they arrive, and only ship it the following week, as I'll be out of town.

Guess I'll have a Nav V for sale before too long.

Back