• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Navigator VI (Nav-VI) - April availability

Finally my contact at the German dealership replied. He can offer it at 720€. Unfortunately for me he took so long to reply as they had 29 pre orders already delivered. Looks like another 25 arrive next and then I'd have to wait for shipping down here.

I've asked if he can get me the 6 with NA maps.... Ut Im JT going to hold my breath.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That is $780 here. Wonder why such a discrepancy in pricing?
Well dealer discount as we (me and my friends) bought 3 new bikes and lots of gear and accessories. Secondly I can't describe the price difference from Germany vs Italy.... Other than that is how Italy works.... [emoji136]

That is $780 here. Wonder why such a discrepancy in pricing?

If you are referring to EURO 720,00 vs Dollar 780.00 - - - what discrepancy ?

Current exchange rate is just under $1.08 for every EURO - - - that puts EURO 720,00 at ~ $778.00 about on par when you factor in the additional ~ 1% that currency conversion would cost you through Foreign Exchange Service such as AMEX.

I think I found the US part number (77528355998) on the A&S Cycles website. No price listed, however.

Just got a call from our local Canadian dealer (on coordinating so summer events) and they don't have any in yet but their parts manager has said they've been told in Canada it will be $150 above the Nav-V pricing.

So we should have full info on both sides of the border real soon now.

If you are referring to EURO 720,00 vs Dollar 780.00 - - - what discrepancy ?

Current exchange rate is just under $1.08 for every EURO - - - that puts EURO 720,00 at ~ $778.00 about on par when you factor in the additional ~ 1% that currency conversion would cost you through Foreign Exchange Service such as AMEX.

I guess I should lead the horse to water. Discrepancy between Euro pricing and US pricing. $780 is a long ways from $949.

So I've ordered and paid for the Nav 6 from my German dealership. Prices in €.
29 for shipping
668 for Nav6 - 10% discount = 601
Add that up +19% tax = 750.

Hoping it arrives for Thursday!

Ouch.
Doing the math it looks like you even had to pay 19% tax on the shipping.
Lee, that is, unfortunately, the way most tax systems in the world work. VAT (Value Added Tax), GST (Goods and Services Tax) or HST (Harmonized Sales Tax).

It is something that really upsets me, having to pay tax on a tax should be illegal, and likely would be if anyone other than the government tried to do it.

So I've ordered and paid for the Nav 6 from my German dealership. Prices in €.
29 for shipping
668 for Nav6 - 10% discount = 601
Add that up +19% tax = 750.

Hoping it arrives for Thursday!

You may be able to reclaim the VAT. EU regulation allow non-EU residents to reclaim the VAT if the product is to be brought outside EU.
I've done it leaving the EU and also with online merchants.

You may be able to reclaim the VAT. EU regulation allow non-EU residents to reclaim the VAT if the product is to be brought outside EU.
I've done it leaving the EU and also with online merchants.

Living here for awhile... so getting the VAT back is a little more difficult. I'm coming back to NA in the summer time so I'll look at trying it, but I'm not sure how complicated it will get buying in Germany, and then claiming the VAT back in Italy while travelling out of country for 2 weeks.

In another note about the Navigators, is there is a website that hosts route files to download. Disclaimer I haven't done any Internet research. I ask because today a co-worker is looking at buying a TomTom and he said he is able to download motorcycle routes (GPX files) other users have uploaded.

Living here for awhile... so getting the VAT back is a little more difficult. I'm coming back to NA in the summer time so I'll look at trying it, but I'm not sure how complicated it will get buying in Germany, and then claiming the VAT back in Italy while travelling out of country for 2 weeks...
IIRC, you need a specific receipt from the retailer that you bought the item(s) from and you submit all reciepts to EU Customs at the airport. But your retailer can likely tell you what you need to do.

It is a bit of a hassle, but 149 € is not something to sneeze at. I was shopping at a very large outlet in Italy where they actually had a complete Information Center to assit shoppers with the process. Did what we needed there and then completed the second steps at the airport in France, so buying in one country and departing from another isn't an issue, but you should check on time-frame.

...In another note about the Navigators, is there is a website that hosts route files to download. Disclaimer I haven't done any Internet research. I ask because today a co-worker is looking at buying a TomTom and he said he is able to download motorcycle routes (GPX files) other users have uploaded.
There are plenty. Really dependon on what specifically you're looking for. Garmin uses the GPX format as well.
(Note: there is a Garmin-specific GPX format that I believe allows for more detail than the generic GPX format that TomTom uses. Definitely the case for POI GPX files and my understanding also for route GPX files.)

Here's one for Italy, up above Trento, a beautiful area to ride. Just click through the menus and pick the Country, Area, and type of ride you're looking for:
http://www.sundaymorningrides.com/italy/8530767/streetview

This site will help you get some additional details: http://www.roadrunner.travel/2015/04/26/satellite-navigation-finding-your-route-using-gpx-files/

You need to setup a free account for this one (fees for some functionality): http://www.bestbikingroads.com/

Another free one. Link to their Cabot Trail ride: https://www.routeyou.com/en-ca/route/view/2674366/touring-motorcycle-route/cabot-trail-counterclockwise-baddeck-baddeck

Rever is an app that IIRC BMW Motorrad has assisted (fee for unlocking download ability): https://rever.co/

Here's a comparison of some apps/sites that are available: http://www.motomappers.com/blog/best-gps-motorcycle-apps-for-navigation-and-tracking/

As you can see, there is a ton to go through if you wish and more than enough available (makes my head spin at least). It can also be quite time consuming to get familiar with many of these, so picking one or two and getting to know them well is a good way to start.

Living here for awhile... so getting the VAT back is a little more difficult. I'm coming back to NA in the summer time so I'll look at trying it, but I'm not sure how complicated it will get buying in Germany, and then claiming the VAT back in Italy while travelling out of country for 2 weeks.
There is a guide to VAT refund available online: https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_custo...rs-leaving-eu/guide-vat-refund-visitors-eu_en

As was said before, you need the VAT refund form from the retailer. My wife loves doing this sort of thing. She went hunting for the refund counter at the airport in Barcelona. It wasn't easy to find. LOL

With the additional memory and with its ability to steam Bluetooth...my Nav V will be up for sale very soon!

You know... you can go into the NAV V internal memory and erase a LOAD of unnecessary stuff like: the .pdf owners manual, extra language files, etc... Saves several gigs of storage space.

Last edited:
Navvi

My head is starting to hurt thinking about how many paper maps I can buy for that much money :scratch If it was good enough for Lindberg,.....

Friedle

Back