• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

mounting ? Hella FF50 to R1150RT

ksmith57

Anyone out there have an R1150RT they've mounted Hella FF50's to? I understand these work well and are a very good value. I just haven't been able to findout how they can be mounted and wired.

How did they look?
Do they work well?
Did you find the mounts online?
What was the cost?

Looking for suggestions...

Ksmith57 :brow

Never got the PM......

If you are wondering about the brackets...they are Stanley corner braces I got at Home Depot. Found a size that would match te existing holes in the fairing. I put rubber washers between the fairing and brackets to give them a bit of flexiblility and not damage the fairing

JC

Thanks for the ideas..

Both set ups posted so far have given me some ideas.

Any others?

looking for additional "below" the fairing suggestions.

Thanks,

Ksmith57:wave

Mounted on the crashbars

You could go this route if you had an RT-P, or perhaps even if you could buy the crash bars from one.
Front
DSCN2831.jpg

and from the side
DSCN2840.jpg

And here's a set on my older RT with driving lights also abouve the mirrors and fog loghts mounted down low. Hope this helps with the ideas.

BMWlights039.JPG

Please excuse the mess in my garage, it gets a lot of use.

Back