• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mountainia ride-2-Q

Please remind me to buy some Q sauce where ever we eat. I promised a buddy here in Nashville I would bring him some. My memory is good, but very, very short so if you all remind me I might make it back home with some.

Also, I'm bringing some libations to sip around the campfire Sat night. Bring your own glass.

Yes, I did cut out 194. Since I don't know the local roads, I was just guessing on how to make it a little bit shorter but still get there.

Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri, Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat

Yes, I did cut out 194. Since I don't know the local roads, I was just guessing on how to make it a little bit shorter but still get there.

Tues, Wed, Thur, Fri, Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat :eat

Thurs, Friday, Q !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drink :drink :eat :eat

wade

Just looked at the rear tire on my RT today and now I'm putting on two new tires. Don't want to be following you hoons on bad rubber.

any sense for how many people might come?

i am trying to give the campground owner a heads up.

ian

I think maybe 10 or so from the local area with Carolina BMWMOA association, maybe some straglers that I have mentioned it to

Fri, Q.....................................:drink :drink :dance :dance :eat :eat

Wade

any sense for how many people might come?

i am trying to give the campground owner a heads up.

ian

I'm planning on gate crashing the party. I should get there late Friday eve and I would like to camp 2 nights. The weather looks good - mid 40's low, upper 60's high, small chance of rain on Sunday
Sounds like fun!
:dance

be prepared for cool temps

just spoke with steve @ windy hill... we're going to be going there for lunch, as... he is not open late for supper. (plus, it will be a miracle for us to get going early enough to get over to ridgewood)

also, steve mentioned that elevations up in those parts are above 3000 feet, and they're expecting frost friday night.

and there is a *reason* the campground is called "high country..." :ha

so... be prepared.

ian

and for dinner... we're doing take out

ridgewood is super busy, doesn't take reservations but does do take out.

mike the manager said that there's a nice place in downtown bluff city...the park... that has covered tables, etc.

the menu is attached... we'll call our order in on saturday from windy hill and then ride to pick it UP!

ian

Attachments

• Ridgewood Barbecue.pdf
    58.5 KB · Views: 8
? Join You For Dinner at the Park in Bluff City,TN

I have followed with interest the evolution of your BBQ Ride and see there will be a stop-over for a Ridgewood BBQ carryout picnic at the park in Bluff City, TN, this Sat evening.

Bluff City is only about a 40 minute ride from my home in Abingdon, VA, and I would like to join you for dinner Saturday PM if you can let me know your ETA at the park. I'll bring my own BBQ, probably from Parks Mill near Abingdon.

Is there any way I could be of help to shuttle your BBQ from Ridgewood to Bluff City, perhaps with the use of my cage rather than the 1200RT?

Cal Miller
'07 R1200RT

I have followed with interest the evolution of your BBQ Ride and see there will be a stop-over for a Ridgewood BBQ carryout picnic at the park in Bluff City, TN, this Sat evening.

Bluff City is only about a 40 minute ride from my home in Abingdon, VA, and I would like to join you for dinner Saturday PM if you can let me know your ETA at the park. I'll bring my own BBQ, probably from Parks Mill near Abingdon.

Is there any way I could be of help to shuttle your BBQ from Ridgewood to Bluff City, perhaps with the use of my cage rather than the 1200RT?

Cal Miller
'07 R1200RT

hey cal - it's cool that you can come... you definitely need to ride!

given that we're going to need to ride back to the campground after supper, and it's about 85 miles back to the campground, much of it twisty, i think we want to get to the restaurant about 5:30.

that will still mean some after dark riding, but reasonable.

we will be plumb tuckered out!

my cell number is 770-329-8756 if you want to call and/or text me. if you tell us what you want on the menu, we'll order it at noon on saturday.

ian

Pathway to hell paved with good intentions.

My good intention was to leave this morning. Stop at Oakdale, TN tonight and then ride the rest of the way tomorrow.

However, first I had to mow grass yesterday. Mower won't start. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Oh well, lets get the bike ready. Cord showing on the rear??????? Grrrrrr.

No problem, put on the new pair in the garage.

Putting front back on this morning and looked at the brakes! Grrrrrrrrrr Shot

No problem, have a spare GS in the garage and the brakes are the same.

Get new fuel line and filter, pull the tank so I can replace hose. Crank, crank and crank and no start for the mower.

No problem. Will borrow neighbors. He says fine. So I mow and then want to power wash it before I take it back.

Power washer pump makes bad sound and quits.

No problem. Hose it off and take it back.

Now, at 1:53 local time I just finished my shower and should leave by 2:30.

By God, I'm going to NC for Q and nothing is going to stop me.

See ya all sometime. :wave

My good intention was to leave this morning. Stop at Oakdale, TN tonight and then ride the rest of the way tomorrow.

However, first I had to mow grass yesterday. Mower won't start. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Oh well, lets get the bike ready. Cord showing on the rear??????? Grrrrrr.

No problem, put on the new pair in the garage.

Putting front back on this morning and looked at the brakes! Grrrrrrrrrr Shot

No problem, have a spare GS in the garage and the brakes are the same.

Get new fuel line and filter, pull the tank so I can replace hose. Crank, crank and crank and no start for the mower.

No problem. Will borrow neighbors. He says fine. So I mow and then want to power wash it before I take it back.

Power washer pump makes bad sound and quits.

No problem. Hose it off and take it back.

Now, at 1:53 local time I just finished my shower and should leave by 2:30.

By God, I'm going to NC for Q and nothing is going to stop me.

See ya all sometime. :wave

Love to hear stories of Perseverance

Quote " hitch " do you know the definition of Perseverance Ms. Melos? answer, an excuse to be obnoxious, Hitch- Continuing in a course of action without regard to discouragement, opposition, or previous failure OVER"

Mush my good man mush :drink :bolt

Wade

Back