• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOAL 2nd Sat R-2-E, 9Mar24

HSVPhil

AlaBeemer_Prez
For this March’s Ride-2-Eat on the 9th, we’ll visit Beans and Greens in Ballplay, AL.
https://www.facebook.com/BeansandGreensBuffet/

Hoping to rendezvous around 1100, when they open. Get there via any conveyance that works for U; there’s a 50/50 chance of rain… As usual, we’ll depart the Blue Plate Cafe on Governor's Drive ~0830 to refuel at the Murphy’s Gas along the South Parkway. From there, we’ll meander along county roads down toward Gadsden. We’ll then continue east on US-278 before heading north on Centre Rd to the restaurant. I’m sure the buffet selection will be worth your effort. Hope to see U there on Saturday.

Ciao! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

NOTE that the attached file is my "gpx" dataset.
If you want to view the route & waypoints, copy the file and rename it to gpx...

Attachments

• Mar-R2E-2024-2go.pdf
    287.2 KB · Views: 4
Our group of five bikes left HSV in the overcast drizzle and we got a little wetter along the way to the monthly MOAL 2nd Saturday Ride-2-Eat. Enjoyed an uneventful cross-country jaunt along backroads to Beans and Greens in Ballplay, AL (95 mi to & 85 mi fro for the northern contingent). Vance & Mari devised a ride north from Leeds along backroads for their group to join us for a delicious buffet lunch. 👍👍 for this establishment in the middle of nowhere (actually ~8 miles NE of Gadsden). The weather apparently did not deter the 14 folks who arrived via BMW or auto... Not the worst weather nor the best we've encountered; just okay - but the redbud trees, pear & magnolia trees are in bloom... 🌦️ Anyway, this place was well worth the effort; $12 for an all U can eat buffet line {with all the southern favorites}. I enjoyed the BBQ ribs, catfish, chicken fingers, mac n'cheese, cabbage, black eyed peas, collard greens, cornbread + dessert [and I skipped various other choices like pork loin, hushpuppies & many desserts]. 😋 Y'all need to consider our April 13 R2E to Cornersville, Tenn. I'm told that the burgers and ambiance are also worth the effort at the Old Delina Country Store. We Shall Soon See. >> https://www.facebook.com/olddelinacountrystore/ <<. Enjoy all your springtime activities, whether 2-wheeled or just a bike ride in the park!
Sláinte! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen 😎 🍺 🤠 🥃

Attachments

• P+K-on-GT.jpeg
    P+K-on-GT.jpeg
    246.3 KB · Views: 4
  • MOAL-at-lunch.jpeg
    MOAL-at-lunch.jpeg
    493.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Phil-w-badge.jpeg
    Phil-w-badge.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Return-2-HSV.jpeg