• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MotoGP

Rossi is on the pole and Nicky is fifth (1st Honda). He needs to step it up and have the ride of his life. Go Nicky.

Wayne Koppa
96 850R
77 RS
DRZ 250
Swedish Army Bicycle

WayneKoppa said:
Rossi is on the pole and Nicky is fifth (1st Honda). He needs to step it up and have the ride of his life. Go Nicky.

I'd love to see Nicky win it but Rossi has dominated at Velencia in the past. I'm afraid Pedrosa pretty much decided it for us 2 weeks ago. Of course, you never know...crazier things have happened :usa

Go Rossi!

I can't wait for tomorrow. Been agonizing over this race for days on end.

GO ROSSI!!!

Rossi 1st or 2nd with the Bridgestone boyz in the mix. No podium for Nicky but somewhere in top 5 if he doesn't overdo it trying to make up ground.

Now how about Troy Bayliss? 2nd fastest on his only GP ride of the year? WOW. That would be something if he pulls off a win in his only GP race of 2006. Bridgestone seemed to have found some magic.

Nice job Nicky!!

I've always liked Rossi but I'm sure glad Nicky pulled it off. I don't think anyone can say he didn't deserve it. Great Job!!! :usa :clap

:twirl

I was out riding today, and finally got back into cellphone range, checked Cyclenews.com and yeeeee-HAAAA!!!!

Just got finished watching the race on Tivo... Nicky has a *ton* of class. I think he was going to cry.

:drink

I was sorry to see Rossi lose it the way he did, but I was very happy to see Nicky take the championship. I didn't give Nicky much chance before the start. I sat down with my predinner martini to watch the race which I had Tivoed and before I ate the first olive, Rossi had crashed. The 5 points Elias took from Rossi at the finish of the Spanish GP turned out to be crucial. And how about Bayliss? I've enjoyed watching him in WSB this year. With 3/4 of a lap to go, my daughter called me for dinner. What an enjoyable dinner that was! I still have indigestion from eating so fast.

Bummed!

I'm bummed that Rossi didn't win. But it anyone else had to win it ... Nicky deserves it.

Just goes to show ... a little luck here or boo boo there ... determines a championship.

Next year is going to be interesting. Not only new (800cc) bikes but 5 guys or so who could win the championship.

KBasa said:
Anybody catch Pedrosa waving Nicky by and into third?

Very nice.
Rossi showed he's a class act,when he was the first rider to get'long side of Nicky,and raise his arm up,in congratulations, next year's gonna be sooooooooo interesting!

Visian said:
with his foot.... :p

I thought I clearly saw him use his hand and then his foot. He gave Nicky a little "hurry up hurry up" wave and then used his foot. Pretty neat to see.

Back