• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Have you attended MotoGP Austin from out of town?

missin44

I'm planning on riding down from Colorado to Austin for the 2024 MotoGP. I'm somewhat familiar with Austin. I'm looking for recommendations for areas to stay. Downtown Austin, is fun but it was a zoo when there a few years ago during the F1 race. I'm guessing MotoGP is less so, but I really have no idea. I'm sure there are lots of small fun towns in the surrounding area. I'll have my wife with me so some good food, bars, and some shopping would be a plus. Most likely AirBnB/VRBO vs. hotels.

Probably hit the track on Sat & Sun, for sure Sunday. Unless traffic is a parking lot, riding to and from would be a big plus. What is required is eating and drinking being walkable for breakfast, dinner, and drinks. Live music is a plus.

So based on my wants, what are some good areas to look at?

Unless you really wanting to be in downtown, I would avoid downtown all together. You'll be surrounded by tents, homelessness etc... Do yourself a favour at find something further out.

Austin is the crap hole of Texas with little to no police theses days from lets defund police . I've lived in Texas now 49 years , and avoid Austin .
Close friend had his bike stolen @ COTA during the races a few years ago . If your riding down any outlaying small town is much better . Dripping springs or the like .

Austin is the crap hole of Texas with little to no police theses days from lets defund police . I've lived in Texas now 49 years , and avoid Austin .
Close friend had his bike stolen @ COTA during the races a few years ago . If your riding down any outlaying small town is much better . Dripping springs or the like .

For the most part, I would agree, at least last time I was in Austin. That said the music and bar scene is outstanding downtown. So if not downtown, where? Walk to cool vib, music (country, classic rock), restaurants, and bars.

You need to research what little outlaying town does it for you . All of them have bars and night life as central Texas has exploded in the last decade . 6th street is overrated . Bastrop Tx is closer to COTA and has hotels and things you may like . One of my four sons lives there .

You need to research what little outlaying town does it for you . All of them have bars and night life as central Texas has exploded in the last decade . 6th street is overrated . Bastrop Tx is closer to COTA and has hotels and things you may like . One of my four sons lives there .

That's pretty much what I'm doing with this post, thanks. I'll look at Bastrop.

See if something works for you at Gruene or New Braunfels.
Gruene Hall has live music.
https://gruenehall.com/

If henzilla sees this thread he may know some places in Dripping Springs. Helen works there.

How far out are you willing to ride?

Home Built Show

You also may want to check out the Hand Built Motorcycle Show put on by Revival Cycles. It usuallly coincides with the GP weekend.

Back