• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Renewal / Reimbursement

magellan44

Hello All,

I'm due for my annual renewal for MOA and I'm thinking of going to a lesser membership annual fee. This past yr I had an accident and needed a tow and had a trip interruption which set me back a day or so. After submitting the proper paperwork I was not reimbursed for the hotel room. I was reimbursed for the part of the towing which has a $250 limit but not the interruption that delayed me. I contacted them and I received no response I'm asking if this has happened to others. I've been a member since 2006 and my last renewal I upped my membership to the Platinum Plan for $129.00 per year, now I'm rethinking.

I know I got a payment for my towing that more than covered my annual fee but is it not why you buy a premium plan to help when help is needed? Possibly I misunderstood the Trip Interruption reimbursement part of this coverage.

Regards
M

I dropped the tire replacement portion this year. I've decided it's not worth the effort to jump through all the hoops reimbursement for tires involves after reading too many instances of members finding difficulty with the process.

Far too old to be jumping through the hoops nor taking the time to deal with the paperwork/phone calls necessary for tire reimbursement. Membership and 100 mile tow dues going forward.

Below is the paragraph that describes what are the parameters for trip interruption. I fit the bill to the tee. I was over 500 miles from home, submitted the proper paperwork with Police report and within the 60 day time limit. All of the paperwork was submitted together and I spoke with a representative but to no avail. Did not follow up because as brownie described I did not want to do the phone tag/hassle. My thoughts were I did my due diligence and MOA should have did theirs. I agree I'll lower to a lesser membership level, not a good reflection on MOA when long time members can't get what is due them or any membership level. That's all you expect.

Thank you for your comments.

To qualify for emergency travel expense reimbursements, you must have been involved in an accident or collision and be more than 250 miles away from home. If the covered member is in an accident or collision and more than 250 miles away from home, that member is entitled to reimbursement of meals, lodging, and rental car expenses in the amount of $167 a day for 3 days. You must submit your original receipts to Nation Safe Drivers, 800 Yamato Rd, Suite 100, Boca Raton, FL 33431 along with the copy of your police accident report within 60 days of the incident for reimbursement consideration.

I think that part about submitting "original receipts" is blatant BS - the rider will probably need them again, not only to verify his bank statement, but possibly to share with his lawyer if/when filing a claim directly against the other party.
Whoever controls this stuff really needs to re-write that.

There are several reasonable options for Roadside Assistance. The BMW MOA offering is one of them. AAA is another. Allstate RV is another. Good Sam is another. Your insurance company might be another and maybe the best. (I have Farmers and the motorcycle coverage is included on their Foremost policy). Farmers has our cars and camper van covered too for roadside assistance.

My advice: scope out all of your options and go with the one that grabs you!

There are several reasonable options for Roadside Assistance. The BMW MOA offering is one of them. AAA is another. Allstate RV is another. Good Sam is another. Your insurance company might be another and maybe the best. (I have Farmers and the motorcycle coverage is included on their Foremost policy). Farmers has our cars and camper van covered too for roadside assistance.

My advice: scope out all of your options and go with the one that grabs you!

I've got 3 roadside assist plans. My own ins. co.'s; the moa's and a "Best roadside assistance" policy. Between the 3, I have 250 miles of tow coverage. I'd use my ins co last, rates may go up if used. First call is to best roadside because this company specializes in towing motorcycles, every one of their drivers is a motor owner themselves so they know how to load a motor without further damaging it.

Back