• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Got my first newsletter from the club. It had a short listing of upcoming
PHP:
events. One listing a Saturday club lunch :eat in Fort Smith, Ar.. 280 miles, one way. Basically one day 600 mile round trip. Did it, and that was the beginning of my club riding. Left in the dark, got home in the dark. Those were fun days of riding for me.

Motorcycle Cannonball-Cape Girardeau, Mo.

92EB6B89-0CF6-462E-A1AB-D53D25D2A0C8.jpg
Don Quales sent this to me about the vintage bike run coming thru Cape. Neat to see all the old bikes on a long ride. Bikes with kick start, drum brakes, carbs, tube tires, push rods, hard springer seats, etc.. Old school riding. My 1974 R90/6 is old school enough for me.

Summer Hiatus

Had a break in my riding this summer. Combination of events and other stuff. This last Sunday got in a little run to ShakeRag. Felt good to get back in the saddle. Bike fired right up and ran like a champ. :german

‘92 r100r

35365C77-641C-40A7-B459-ABD686FAF05C.jpeg
Was sitting in the garage looking at the bike, thinking about how much I liked the bike. What do I need to do beyond the simple typical service. It’s do an oil and filter change, valve adjustment. The good, the bad, the ugly. Right now, I’m not to concerned about cosmetics. The bike has a lot of good updated parts and systems from the factory.

I think that BMW Motorrad thought they would get out of the Airhead business with the coming of the K series. The BMW fan base kept clamoring for Airheads. The head honchoes finally relented by keeping the airhead R series going for a few more years. During this period they added a few updated features, long needed. Mine got the twin pot dual discs in the front. The forks got the oem fork brace. Triple tree was reinforced to secure the telescopic forks; kinda late but nice.

7A764197-BF8B-4B93-BAF0-9FA60D637F35.jpg
Here U see the leaking seals. The forks will be disassembled a totally freshened up. I’ll add fork gaiters to protect the forks.

Airhead Paralever

D30030FA-541A-4779-8F13-9E370006816C.jpeg
B3DF0EB4-72C4-4376-9D2F-9C88857FFA4C.jpeg
Cool paralever final drive with Ohlens rear shock with remote adjuster. Probably needs to be sent in for a rebuild and set up for my weight of 180 lbs.

Updated Airhead Tranny

AFE2F6A6-26A6-4B6A-B71A-6592AA1D5F34.jpeg
Tranny has the kinematic shift lever. Upgrade to the older clunky airhead shifting. Gotta find out if I gotta take the tranny apart to add the circlip. Seems like it’s 1 step forward, then 3 steps back.

Pulse Air System

E6D36718-E299-4159-8587-25864BBE75BF.jpeg
D0C9730D-29A7-4C3B-95FA-139CE2F07AC1.jpeg
Way past time time for removal. All it really does is burn up the exhaust valves and seats. Back in another life and time I specialized in head work on airheads. Saw more my share of burnt valves and eroded valve seats.

Back