• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Laser light?

Any word on if this can replace the high beam on 2009 1200GS

Interesting tech. More light to spot deer is better.

Rod

Rod

Maybe someday lasers will be available, but as far as I could find, no one makes a drop in replacement bulb set (or new housing/lights) for any motorcycle.

There are plenty of replacement LED bulbs and housing/LED bulbs that are available that will increase your highbeam lumen output that are available now.

Rod

Pretty much guaranteed not. From what I've read, it's pretty complicated and pretty specialized. It may become available on future BMW motorcycles, but I doubt very highly that it will ever be available as a retrofit.

Back