• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

It's time to switch the ratchet over to tighten.

What's in YOUR Garage?

She's pretty understanding, for sure. Curing paint in the oven is OK, but she drew the line at parts cleaning in the dishwasher!

The UPS guy is almost like another member of the family. I started an account at work to simplify shipping of components.

Looking good Dave, heard any updates from Sir Mutineer?? Picts?? :lurk :ear

Nothing yet. I'm going to start haranguing him when things start going back together. He's gonna wind up sending me a bottle of Basil Hayden. :kbasa

Looking good Dave, heard any updates from Sir Mutineer?? Picts?? :lurk :ear

He checked in today, complaining that his garage is too cold to start putting his bike back together. He's still got his bodywork in house without paint, but his frame is done. I think we're about tied at this point. :ha

Boy, seeing all this resto work going on makes me want to reconsider the /2 purchaise I was persuing recently or buying the R90s that a friend of mine has who can no longer ride due to back problems. He stripped it down 3 years ago and had everything totally repainted in its original Daytona orange paint scheme, the entire bike is still sitting on his back porch (enclosed), I've always thought that was bestest color of the "S's". He is the orginal owner and I still remember the day he first showed up on it everyone in the riding group I hung out with at the time drooled over it for hours!

*sigh*

time to go for a nice long airhead ride this weekend even if it only going to be in the mid 30's....

RM

Boy, seeing all this resto work going on makes me want to reconsider the /2 purchaise I was persuing recently or buying the R90s that a friend of mine has who can no longer ride due to back problems. He stripped it down 3 years ago and had everything totally repainted in its original Daytona orange paint scheme, the entire bike is still sitting on his back porch (enclosed), I've always thought that was bestest color of the "S's". He is the orginal owner and I still remember the day he first showed up on it everyone in the riding group I hung out with at the time drooled over it for hours!

*sigh*

time to go for a nice long airhead ride this weekend even if it only going to be in the mid 30's....

RM

Hey, that would be a no brainer! Didn't the groundhog see his shadow! 6 more weeks of winter, plenty of time to finish an R90s!

Herr Sausidge:

Is that the bike you attempted to torpedo the cage with? Great looking paint, too bad it is going to stay in CA.

That's the one, Ray. Thanks. It's going to be a nice regional ride when it's done.

Tomorrow, the bearings will come out of the steering head and swingarm and then it's off to the painter - when I find one. :ha

The bodywork showed up on Monday.

Oooh la la.

258842129_nDZHx-XL.jpg

btw, you gonna fix that dent in the engine's front cover?

Back