• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Is a 180/55/17 too large

mikek1200rs

I have a 98 k1200rs w/ the stock 5" rear rim is the 180 too large for the bike? We ride 2up :love often, or just fast if I'm alone more often,:brad some track days 1, 2 a year? Thanks

Last edited:
I have a 98 k1200rs w/ the stock 5" rear rim is the 180 too large for the bike? We ride 2up :love often, or just fast if I'm alone more often,:brad some track days 1, 2 a year? Thanks

it will fit on the rim but is not recomended... i would stick with the proper tire and not worry about it. You gain nothing but a wider tire. I have two k1200rs and you will be happy with the stock size.

Koop

Back