• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Installing Swing arm bearings 93 K75

MUSICMAN

I have the old bearings out of my 93 K75. Haven't looked at the Clymer in detail yet. Do I need to pack the bearings with grease and does the grease shield (plastic black piece) pop on last? Any tips on installing bearings would be helpful.

The bearings are in the freezer now, I'll heat the swing arm up with my heat gun and use the old races to tap them in there carefully as I've had success using them on other installs.

Thanks,
Andy

Andy, press or hammer install the races using a metric socket into the swingarm. Yes ! Pack the bearings with a good quality bearing grease. On mine the plastic cover stayed on when I packed the bearings. If they come off just put them on when you install the tapered bearing intothe swing arm.

Dale

Warm the recesses in the swingarm with a heat gun or CAREFULLY with a small torch. If you have a stove handy you can immerse the end(s) of the swingarm in a pan of boiling water for a few minutes to warm and expand the recess - one at a time. Once warm, use a socket as a driver - bear only on the outer, not inner race.

Back