• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Highway pegs on a R11 - 1200GSA

tuckerdt

Tuckerdt
I recently sold my HD and bought a R1200GSA. I miss two things from the HD: cruise control and highway pegs.

Has anyone put highway pegs on a GS or GSA? If so, what is your opinion? I can't remember ever seeing a GS or GSA with them.

Tucker

:dunno

I recently sold my HD and bought a R1200GSA. I miss two things from the HD: cruise control and highway pegs.

Has anyone put highway pegs on a GS or GSA? If so, what is your opinion? I can't remember ever seeing a GS or GSA with them.

Tucker

:dunno

If you're wearing decent gear, you can lay your legs out on the jugs. I've seen some folks attach highway pegs to the crash bars, but they're way out there and your legs are pretty well splayed.

You might want to think about a Kaoko throttle lock for your GS to help with cruise control.

Highway Ottoman

I got a set to put on my R1100GSA. I will mount them on some HB crashbars. I am not sure where, but because of some hip and knee problems I need full extension. Here's the link. Mike is a great to deal with..good luck finding what ya want.

www.highwayottoman.com

They make the hawk, talon, and eagle brackets that mount to your jugs. That is what I have on my 1100GS. I think I have the talon. I need the hawk. The talon is too long for me. I am just gonna drill a new hole on mine to shorten them up I think.

Uses the passenger pegs as your highway pegs.

You can order new ones or just poach the ones that you have.

YMMV

Brian

KBasa

I have the throttle locks.... they're better than nothing, but fall far short of a real cruise control, especially in the mountains. Thanks.

Highway pegs

They make the hawk, talon, and eagle brackets that mount to your jugs. That is what I have on my 1100GS. I think I have the talon. I need the hawk. The talon is too long for me. I am just gonna drill a new hole on mine to shorten them up I think.

Uses the passenger pegs as your highway pegs.

You can order new ones or just poach the ones that you have.

YMMV

Brian

Who makes the hawk, talon, and eagle brackets that mount to the jugs?

Back