• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1250 GSA Highway Pegs

K1300Ser

OK. It may be blasphemy but, at 6’3”, I am looking for some way to stretch out a bit more and just plain old alter my position from time to time and I am thinking highway pegs for the 2022 R1250 GSA.

Is anyone using highway pegs on their GS type machines? Which ones? Reviews?

My bike is due in the USA on June 2nd. Trying to cover some details before a ride to Alaska.

Thanks all.

I tried these, but the "angle-of-the-dangle just wasn't right for me.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/325...st.0.0.4cdb1802TjtMjq&gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

Motorcycle-Highway-Front-Foot-Pegs-Folding-Footrests-Clamps-22-25MM-For-BMW-R1200GS-ADV-LC-R1250GS.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

These look promising but I haven't ordered a set yet.

https://adventurebikepegs.com/products/gs1?variant=40875349639358

3dbe1587-a15b-4772-94d8-c0e05d74b57a-jpeg.3186692

5cc34078-f32a-4209-b002-399eb68349f3-jpeg.3186693

But these look like they may be an even better solution

97fdb62e-34d5-4b41-b4f9-4764e73cbd1f-jpeg.2450084

49a0ea05-50e8-4eb0-99f0-ca55b0fe81cd-jpeg.2450070

https://www.advrider.com/f/threads/1250-gsa-highway-peg-brackets-custom.1458950/

Hope this helps.

Thanks Big John!

I saw an ad in the MOA magazine this month for one of those but the rider picture they featured didn’t look too comfortable. I suppose the boxer motor somewhat limits where you can put these.

I am wanting to try something that gets them low and far forward. I’ll look into all of those. The silver ones featured in the middle of your post look like you can get them low and forward. The last option is limited by the bracket placement.

Let me know what you decide to go with.

I bought my pegs from Adventure Designs. advdesigns.com

The angle of the dangle is definitely not ideal but one foot up, one down works for a while. Just changing position helps a lot.

I raised my seat and have the BMW lowering pegs as well.

I'm 6' 5".

I have the Adventure pegs on mine and I like them well enough.

Being short at 5'8" and a 30" inseam it is impossible for me to ride with both feet on the highway pegs. I just cant assume that position:whistle

As with the highway pegs on my RT and now on my GS, I ride with one leg on and switch when I want. It is just another position to sit to make long rides better. Even one leg out at a time it is relief from sitting one position. I mean I dangle legs strait down, I stand up when possible, I shift front to back on the seat, and I hang one leg off and on the pegs. It seems that I can last around 700 miles using these techniques.

I too had the advdesigns.com pegs on my 14R1200RT but being a little tallerv 6 foot with a 33-34 inseam I'd lay my leg one at a time on top of the peg.

I had ADV Design pegs on my '14 GSA mounted as far forward as I could get them (U-Bolt design) on the engine guards.

When I put my feet on those pegs I felt like I think a woman feels in the stirrups at her annual Gyno exam.

The width of the boxer motor and the length of the engine guards, more like the "lack of length" combine for an uncomfortable position.

I could get comfortable by resting the back of my calves on the pegs but it was then difficult to get my feet back on the real pegs if something required real control, shifting, or braking.

So, I continue to ponder and procrastinate.

My normal riding position is what some have described as the "sit up and beg" position. When I have used, or tried to use, highway pegs my lower back will take it for a mile or two and no more. So I have not had any such pegs on any of my recent motorcycles.

My normal riding position is what some have described as the "sit up and beg" position. When I have used, or tried to use, highway pegs my lower back will take it for a mile or two and no more. So I have not had any such pegs on any of my recent motorcycles.

The old acronym "GS = Gotta Stand, and GSA = Gotta Stand Always" has some merit.

If I stand for 5 minutes out of every hour, 1 or two minutes at a time, the need for Highway Pegs is drastically reduced.

And, with my short 31" legs I can dangle my feet while riding without dragging them if my seat is in the high position.

I try to use the method described as "Yoda", or at least incorporate it into my posture when I remind myself or feel I am "slouching".

It is a good article and worth the read for sure.

https://www.bmwsporttouring.com/topic/316-master-yodas-riding-position/

Interesting article. The "canted forward" position as described also causes me to have issues on day-long rides. With the torso canted forward the head tilts to level the horizon. After the first 100 or 200 miles I get neck stingers. So I can ride Voni's R1100RS for a while but not all day.

The angle of the dangle is definitely not ideal but one foot up, one down works for a while. Just changing position helps a lot.

I'm 6' 5".

Do you have a part reference for the BMW lowered pegs? I would be interested in those for sure.

The old acronym "GS = Gotta Stand, and GSA = Gotta Stand Always" has some merit.

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. I bought the 1250GS instead of the 1250RT because YouTubers said the RT cramped their legs. I had hoped that the slightly taller GS seat would mean less leg cramp than the RT. However, I have found my knees get cramped after an hour on my GS. I thought it was just me. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who gets cramped on that bike.

I'm 6' 5".

I ordered a pair of these highway pegs in silver on 3/1/22. At the time the website indicated backordered with shipment expected in April. I still have not received them, and the company has not responded to two emails I sent inquiring about delivery date. I also called two phone numbers; one in the original order receipt email - that number has been disconnected, the other number from the homepage of thier website - that number says the mailbox is full and cannot accept any more messages. Also, the "check my order status" link does show my order, but the status is blank.

All this is troubling because AdvDesigns appear to be a well-established vendor with a long history of serving the community. I'm hoping it's a misunderstanding and poor customer service, and not another Bike Bandit story.

I just ordered from adventurebikepegs.com. I’ll let you know how they work in a few weeks when my bike gets here. They attach to the area circled in Red.

FE7DE96C-8C6B-4561-9B0D-AACC449B30D6.jpeg

66F83BFC-0979-4576-8E87-4AC205519457.jpeg

I researched some other pegs and it turns out there are only a few quality items for this application. I did read about a few eBay and Ali Express items that fall apart mostly.

Back