• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from the Carolinas!

hondo767

Hondo767
Hi everyone. My name is Nate and new to the world of BMW motorcycles. Bought my first road bike (Yamaha Virago) when I was 18. In my time I have raced motocross, as well as ENDURO, and AMA/WERRA Supersport road racing from 1988 till 1994. I spent many years on Japanese sport bikes, then moved to Harleys. I have owned Buells as well as most recently a 2011 Victory Cross Country. In 2014 while working in EMS/Fire, there was a week where I responded to 4 serious MVCs involving bikes hit by vehicles not paying attention. Even though my fiancé and I love to ride, sold the Victory and decided to swear off bikes. Well that didn't last too long. Really got interested in Adventure riding and immediately fell in love with the GS Adventure. Thus, my recently purchased 2016 R1200 GS Adventure! What a fantastic machine. Look forward to what the forum has to offer and reading of other riders experiences! Safe Travels to All!

Nate,
Welcome to the club and the forums. I think you you are deffinetly going to enjoy your time on your new ride. FWI: this is where all the cool people hang out.

Back