• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hello from Southern California

brendon

Hello! Relatively new to BMWs, but have been riding on and off for the last 25 years. Started on a Suzuki 750 gs, moved to a Harley Sportster, back to Suzuki in the Vstrom. While racking up 85k plus miles on the Strom, commuting, I was drawn to the 1200 GS and the RT, but was always nervous about reliability. I settled on the 2014+1200lc as my comfort zone with price and dependability. I tripped on my 2016 1200 RT with insanely low miles on it, and have racked up 30k+ in a couple of years of ownership. Nothing but perfection in dependability. I went with the RT because if its good enough for the cops, they may be on to something. Also it was quite a bit cheaper than the GS and I really didn’t off road….ever. I still had an itch or two scratch: vintage. And the GS. Couldn’t get it out of my system. So last week I picked up the 2000 1150 GS. I absolutely love the color and have a project to continue to make a little better here and there. It’s high mileage at 79k but has had a lot of the high mileage maintenance already performed. I do all my own maintenance (have through 100k miles of motorcycle ownership) and look forward to my free time wrenching and riding both. I just joined MOA last night So, SoCal members, hit me up on rides or events. Look forward to meeting some of you!

Attachments

• IMG_1950.jpeg
    IMG_1950.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1952.jpeg
    IMG_1952.jpeg
    978.4 KB · Views: 14
Welcome to the MOA Brendon from the Tennessee River valley.

Look up MOA members in the eAnonymous Book for your neighborhood.
https://www.bmwmoa.org/page/abook

There are obviously separate chapters of MOA local clubs throughout California.
https://www.bmwmoa.org/page/charteredclubs

We'll be riding thru NorCal after the MOA International Rally In June. We bought our Beemers to Ride 'em.

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d
'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’88 R100RT
'14 K16GT ———— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L -—- ’11 Vespa GTS 300

Yo! SoCal rider here! Welcome!

As a matter of fact, this Saturday a friend and I are heading for Crystal Lake Cafe from Long Beach after a local Cars & Coffee visit just off Anaheim & Redondo. Feel free to join us!

Stephen

There's also a local chapter that is OC-based, South Coast BMW Riders Club, that has a lot of rides. But most seem to be retired so I can't make a lot of the rides.

Yo! SoCal rider here! Welcome!

As a matter of fact, this Saturday a friend and I are heading for Crystal Lake Cafe from Long Beach after a local Cars & Coffee visit just off Anaheim & Redondo. Feel free to join us!

Stephen

There's also a local chapter that is OC-based, South Coast BMW Riders Club, that has a lot of rides. But most seem to be retired so I can't make a lot of the rides.
Thanks! I’ll have to get out that way soon. I’m in Temecula.

Welcome to the MOA Brendon from the Tennessee River valley.

Look up MOA members in the eAnonymous Book for your neighborhood.
https://www.bmwmoa.org/page/abook

There are obviously separate chapters of MOA local clubs throughout California.
https://www.bmwmoa.org/page/charteredclubs

We'll be riding thru NorCal after the MOA International Rally In June. We bought our Beemers to Ride 'em.

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
USAF-Ret'd — & — USN-Ret’d
'75 R90S ————— '82 R100CS
’09 KLX250S ——— ’88 R100RT
'14 K16GT ———— '16 R1200RS
’05 Vespa 200L -—- ’11 Vespa GTS 300
Thanks for the links! BTW, Navy myself, just a few short years from retirement as well. Quite a stable you have there!

Back