• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Harbor Freight Motorcycle lift

tycham

don't know if it is nation wide but Harbor Freight ib selling the motorcycle lift this weekend for $279.95. That is the lowest I have seen in a while

HF MC lift

I bought 1 last month at that price=Perfect

My Honda ST 1300 has been on it since. Waiting for parts, due April, 12? I hope. Lift in back ground with bike on it.

I don't know why picture is turned?

Attachments

• DSCN2877.jpg
    DSCN2877.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 335
Great for the money :thumb
Picture from IpHone? It has been doing that. info on a way to prevent it in the "how to post a picture" thread. Kinda a PITA.
OM

I bought 1 last month at that price=Perfect

My Honda ST 1300 has been on it since. Waiting for parts, due April, 12? I hope. Lift in back ground with bike on it.

I don't know why picture is turned?

What in the world is causing a 6 week delay for parts?

Part delay

Need engine front cover. At 165,000 miles water pump seal leaked. Had a shop replace it. Pressed the oil seal in to FAR & cracked the cover where the seal seats.
Yes they told me how it happen. E-poxy, JB Weld. Lasted till 178,000 miles. Oil leak on to front exhaust pipe. To fix it right need engine cover. I will be doing it myself.
Back order=over 10 year old bike. Just glad to get part?

Turned picture

Great for the money :thumb
Picture from IpHone? It has been doing that. info on a way to prevent it in the "how to post a picture" thread. Kinda a PITA.
OM

Camera, Nikon, to PC. No phone. Posted pictures before. This is the first turned picture.

For the $299 its worth it. Ive been using one for last 3 years. Take half an hour to install "wings" along the sides to facilitate the footing required to ride up and onto the deck. I used 2 x 10 plank and some angle iron. I also have a scissor jack to keep the bike upright. Works great for home maintenance.

For the $299 its worth it. Ive been using one for last 3 years. Take half an hour to install "wings" along the sides to facilitate the footing required to ride up and onto the deck. I used 2 x 10 plank and some angle iron. I also have a scissor jack to keep the bike upright. Works great for home maintenance.
Since you are on this side of the border, may I ask where did you buy it from?

You're in Windsor. You could hop across to Deetroit and purchase from Harbor Freight. I'm on the other side of the continent and bought mine a few years ago at the Bellingham Washington HF when it was on sale at US$280 and the exchange rate wasn't so severe. Customs let it through without taxes. Bonus!

However... Princess Auto's current flyer has their lift on sale for CDN$375 until March 19, so you might want to look at that. P/N 8668071. There's a Princess Auto right there in Windsor. Your taxes can help pay for another of Justin's photo ops.

The tire clamp on either of these units leaves much to be desired but can be replaced with something more substantial. I also built removable loading/unloading wings out of plywood that are stored on wall racks until needed.

Good luck!
Tom

Since you are on this side of the border, may I ask where did you buy it from?

I drove to Watertown, NY. Across the border. One thing I forgot to add: take some time to shim / level the base before you use this rig. Your floor may not be flat and the deck will prolly twist a little as it assumes the weight while elevating.

Just went out to garage and looked at the HF lift. Seems as if all these lifts come from the same source. Just sayin. Unless I"m goin blind.

Just went out to garage and looked at the HF lift. Seems as if all these lifts come from the same source. Just sayin. Unless I"m goin blind.

Maybe not all, but many. The one zenwhipper posted above looks to be basically the same as the HF unit, with a different wheel clamp and the pneumatic lift option. I looked at that before buying my HF lift, but read that it needed a very large compressor to work and was still very slow. A HF unit on sale for $280 looked a lot better for my uses.

Harbor Freight used to sell the same air/foot pump lift and you could buy the front wheel clamp separately. They stopped selling this lift some years ago and just kept the foot operated model. With any of these lifts before using, check the hydraulic fluid level. They come empty and if you use it before filling the reservoir it will fail quickly.

Back