• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Grumpy Old Men Thread

Main thing is stop being a ( fill in the blank)

Happy to fill in the blank:
- Member who points out that the MOA does not publish the arrangements that it has with the BMW-controlled BMW Clubs International Council,
- Member who points out that the MOA adheres to the guidelines issued by the BMW Clubs International Council,
- Member who points out that these guidelines require that clubs act as part of BMW’s public relations machinery,
- Member who points out that adherence to the guidelines means that the MOA will not put the interests of its members ahead of those of BMW when the two do not coincide. The MOA’s reluctance to voice the concerns of its members with the discontinuance of service manuals being a case in point.
- Member who won’t be coerced into silence.

- Member who points out that the MOA does not publish the arrangements that it has with the BMW-controlled BMW Clubs International Council,
- Member who points out that the MOA adheres to the guidelines issued by the BMW Clubs International Council,
- Member who points out that these guidelines require that clubs act as part of BMW’s public relations machinery,
- Member who points out that adherence to the guidelines means that the MOA will not put the interests of its members ahead of those of BMW when the two do not coincide. The MOA’s reluctance to voice the concerns of its members with the discontinuance of service manuals being a case in point.

Too long, didn’t read …Ad Nauseam

Why don’t you be part of the solution and run for office? Be the change you feel is needed or realize those changes are so much more difficult away from the keyboard.Soap boxing here will eventually flame out by your own behavior. I ask all my unhappy friends if they actually participated in positive solutions and always get a blank stare. Why is that?

I had spent the evening with folks I have not seen in a year or so celebrating life and the season… I guess you did not.

When the horse your riding dies it is time to consider dismounting.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71,449

It is ironic that the major resurgence of vinal records among those under 35 will educate them about a phenomenon most everyone on this thread knows about already, and which your comments so well personify - a stuck record. :brow

Grumpy When?

Already an old man, with 3 XR's to hold back aging, I am generally a very happy person. The only time I get grumpy is when I read a post on any forum where the poster acts like an authority but did not have the experience he/she was describing, but just repeated something they read somewhere else. I'm only interested in posts where the poster did it, felt it, made it, broke it, dumped it, rode it, bought it, etc. Some embellishment acceptable, and if in person at a Rally, broad embellishment acceptable if alcohol is present.

Have I got a story for the next campfire:

postOperation_sized_4nov22.jpg

My moto friends have told me I look good in "off the shoulder"!

Boot comes off next week hopefully, and back on my XR week after although I did this on Blue, my dual sport.

Scotty

Life is short. Too short to spend it with ones panties in a wad over, what? We'll all be dead in less than 100 years. I plan to spend as much time as I can riding and smiling. :dance

Life is short. Too short to spend it with ones panties in a wad over, what? We'll all be dead in less than 100 years. I plan to spend as much time as I can riding and smiling. :dance

Yup, life's too short. The power of positive thinking. Keep your glass half full or, even better, full! We've got it pretty darn good in North America.

Something to make us less grumpy

Merry Christmas! God be with you all grumps and non grumps, may we ride as much as we can. St.

This thread was intended to be light hearted and for self reflection of a few mindsets. Seemingly you missed the point which was your fellow countryman’s’ point as well.
[snip]
Steve H speaking as a moderator and also a member who always tries to add value here.

Just visited the Profile of the person in question. I got a chuckle out of this;

"0 Friends
***** ***** has not made any friends yet."

I'm not surprised.

Back