• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Grumpy Old Men Thread

snowblower

It is surprising how fast a snowblower can suck up a newspaper and stop dead. Getting the paper out and the shear pin is another story.

I solved the problem by cancelling the paper. It had become useless, badly written, biased, and expensive. I get my comics delivered to my email every morning now for far less cost, LOL. St.

All my newspaper subscriptions have been switched to digital years ago. That solved the problem until the local paper started delivering a free paper once in a while as part of their subscription drive. That finally ended, so now it’s just the internet service providers that make me grumpy when I can’t read my digital papers. Grumpy can usually be fixed by a ride but that’s tough to pull off in snow season…

Best,
DeVern

Gary

Yes, I love Gary Larson, he is drawing again occasionally on his website. There he posts cartoons from his collections everyday. It is one of the first things I read in the morning. St.

This thread is being created specifically for those individuals who derail and clog up other threads with tales of "everything that came before was great and everything today is crap", especially when it comes to BMW.

So next time you feel the urge to dump on our favourite bike, or just want to complain about how life ain't like it used to be, just find your way to this thread and have at it. :laugh

Female riders left out again, lol ;(

Oh I rarely bitch about the MOA, LOL, it is not perfect and has annoyed me and in all honesty, my ire has been less than it would be in another organization or format.

Maybe I am wrong to expect the members of the MOA and the users of the forum to have an open view that a: BMW is not a perfect company, B: BMW motorcycles are not perfect (LOL airheads come close), C: advanced technology is not always a good thing D: advanced technology is great when it works but can be a nightmare when it does not.

So, I criticize BMW, I question those who have wiz bang bikes, I state my opinions, I argue my point and yes sometimes it may be an ignorant point however, I do learn from what I read here. However, in many cases, I must admit, I am not prone to modify my beliefs, regarding things I feel strongly about just because someone didn't agree or like what I said. It will take more than a grumpy post in this forum to change me.

Really if people want an organization free of this kind of thing, I would suggest starting a BMW glee club. There, standards could be set in place to prevent anything critical regarding BMW, the organization or the members hence a glee club.

One of the things I mentioned is the MOA forum is moderated unlike Facebook, I admit, in the past I have been notified by the moderators I stepped over the line, I was all too happy to take the criticism, and in some cases apologize. LOL, I don't have a totally closed mind. St.
I wholeheartedly have to agree with you on this.The MOA on FB kicked me out for probably disagreeing with someone.They don't like what you have to say and out you go.Worst part is you never get to find out what exactly got them pissed off.

I get grumpy travelling on a four lane highway, (two lanes in each direction) when a transport ahead of me pulls out to pass another rig, at possibly one kilometre/hour faster than the lead truck. So I’m a little grumpy with the passing truck moving so slowly (with a governor) but the trucker is not the main cause of my irritation.

It’s other drivers. Since I am closest to the trucks, I move into the passing lane, with a reasonable safe stopping cushion/placement. Drivers that have begun to catch up to me inevitably scoot over to the shoulder lane, pass me and then sit immediately behind the slow passing truck. In otder to maintain my safe stopping space (if need be), I drop back further. It should be obvious to everyone that the truck pass is going is going to take the better part of five minutes. I don’t understand why dangerously tailgating the passing truck and each other puts everyone at risk with only seconds gained when the pass has been completed. :gerg

This scenario happens whether driving or riding. :banghead

Bah humbug you delicate flowers.

You ain't dead, suck it up my buttercups and make this year the best in about 2 years.

I gotta go now, freaking blown up snowblowers got get fixed but gotta say this grumpy old guy damn near **** his pants when his snowblower shot some dear poo about 50'.

Ain't no time left in our lives to get grumpy over the simple "stuff".

ChatGPT makes a relevant comment about transparency in internet forum moderation:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthrea...-motorcycles&p=1293993&viewfull=1#post1293993

This thread was intended to be light hearted and for self reflection of a few mindsets. Seemingly you missed the point which was your fellow countryman’s’ point as well.

I’ve always been as transparent as can be as I am a moderately tempered person. That said,when one keeps hammering how they feel they are being mistreated, often a bit of self reflection offers the reasoning. You seem to have a bone to pick after you have been answered by people who have been officers or currently are. You took your perceived grievances to the board and were heard.

This forum has guidelines and none suggest we cannot participate in ones we are responsible for. I’m not a lawyer or a judge who needs to recuse myself unless it’s to the point of no return. This is not it.

You’re pretty close to the line on forum conduct here which I know you have been informed of more than once. We have been generous with your needing to have the last word by arguing with/calling out moderators. The silliest time was commenting on a dual thread and which one was deleted earlier this week… is this serious?
Asking the final time transparently for you to stop this behavior. Any further perceived attacks on how this forum is moderated will have consequences. It’s beyond tiring.

Steve H speaking as a moderator and also a member who always tries to add value here.

This thread was intended to be light hearted and for self reflection of a few mindsets. Seemingly you missed the point which was your fellow countryman’s’ point as well.

I’ve always been as transparent as can be as I am a moderately tempered person. That said,when one keeps hammering how they feel they are being mistreated, often a bit of self reflection offers the reasoning. You seem to have a bone to pick after you have been answered by people who have been officers or currently are. You took your perceived grievances to the board and were heard.

This forum has guidelines and none suggest we cannot participate in ones we are responsible for. I’m not a lawyer or a judge who needs to recuse myself unless it’s to the point of no return. This is not it.

You’re pretty close to the line on forum conduct here which I know you have been informed of more than once. We have been generous with your needing to have the last word by arguing with/calling out moderators. The silliest time was commenting on a dual thread and which one was deleted earlier this week… is this serious?
Asking the final time transparently for you to stop this behavior. Any further perceived attacks on how this forum is moderated will have consequences. It’s beyond tiring.

Steve H speaking as a moderator and also a member who always tries to add value here.

Note that the comment and my comment thereon relate to FB.

My comment on the dual thread related to the choice of which thread to delete if one was to be deleted. The OP's question was not BMW motorcycle model specific so it would have made more sense to retain the one in Gear and delete the one in Wetheads.

Last edited:
Back