• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Grumpy Old Men Thread

BC1100S

Left Coast Rider
This thread is being created specifically for those individuals who derail and clog up other threads with tales of "everything that came before was great and everything today is crap", especially when it comes to BMW.

So next time you feel the urge to dump on our favourite bike, or just want to complain about how life ain't like it used to be, just find your way to this thread and have at it. :laugh

No need for a new thread

Hey, if you can't tolerate criticism or my calling out BMW for their faults and problems, so be it. don't read my posts. My opinion and comments are just as valuable as yours. St.

Remember, if those that beat the Horse Quite Dead are posting the same 'ol same 'ol, you can use the ignore feature-

Settings from upper right-

>Edit Ignore List-

>User name- (enter name)

>Okay.

Or......you can remind them of THIS THREAD.

I'm pretty sure there is more to life than complaining about a/your motorcycle......at least I would hope.

OM

We already do quite enough whining, moaning, and bitching... if the horse isn't dead enough, hire more horses!

Stray opinions are not worth much of anything. Facts are. The difficulty is determining which is which.

This thread should be moved so the grumpy old men posting to it don't make us all look bad to the general public/guests who visit and aren't yet members so they don't scare them away.

So,

So, in my case, I read postings by supposed BMW owners who post in the forum and have had good or bad experiences with either the bikes or dealerships, I filter this with my OWN experience of dealing with BMW bikes and dealerships as well as general motorcycle lifestyle experience. This has firmly entrenched my views of the bikes and company.

On the other hand, anyone who has kept up with me over the years has also seen me give praise to BMW at times, most of it due to the companies keeping parts for older bikes in production allowing those of us who don't like or want a new bike to keep riding the bikes they love. Also I give a thumbs up to some of the major improvements in reliability they installed over the years such as removing points, better brakes and so on. They have done wonders.

Of course just as I filter the negative material to form an opinion, I also filter the positive. The weight on one side or the other determines if I keep riding my old trusted bikes or buy a new one. Who knows, at this point I may quit BMW altogether. St.

If we are complaining about BMW motorcycles............

BMW motorcycles are virtually useless from November to April here.

BMW motorcycles are virtually useless from November to April here.

That could be almost true here except I do get out when there is no ice on the roads. My last overhaul and rebuild of my RT was to repair damage done by road salt from winter riding. After 38 years of it, the wiring harnesses were getting wonky and failing. Thank goodness for EME having a source of replacements. St.

I do want to hear about the problems that our bikes have, because I know BMW has them. But, IMO all manufacturers have problems, issues, etc. I’ve yet to own a vehicle that was perfect and required no repairs or additional costs due to unforeseen issues. And, I agree that it can be frustrating when manufacturers don’t admit that there’s a problem. But, once again this isn’t unique to BMW. Yes, this is a forum for owners of BMW motorcycles, so it’s going to seem like we’re (this is the collective we as a whole here at MOA) picking on the brand, since people don’t post much about other marques here.

My only preference is for us to make sure that when things are discussed people concentrate on the comments, issues, etc. and not direct the discussion at individuals. It’s also important to keep in mind we’re all entitled to our own opinions, and we’re most likely not going to sway anyone here from their opinions. While I don’t agree with everyone all the time, I do like to hear other’s perspective.

However, it can also be frustrating for some when a thread goes sideways with regards to those problems and issues.

2065E991-9592-44B1-BF6C-1B527AEE34C6.jpeg

Or we could go after these 1960’s hooligans for improper attire and formation and of course women riders back then :rofl

Last edited:
Back