• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

group buy wilbers shocks

Waht about a group buy

• I am ready to buy

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Depends on the price

Votes: 28 84.8%
  • Rather have Ohlins

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

LORAZEPAM

leave my monkey alone
I was wondering how many folks would be interested in a group buy of wilbers shocks I am ready to replace the stock pos on my bike and wondered who might be in?

I know there were some other sport touring guys that bought at a group discount in the past.

I wonder if they have them for the RT?

I might be in, depending on price. We've gotta cut a bunch of trees down and paint the house this fall.

Now you tell me!

Too late, I bit that bullet and paid retail :deal
They ride better than I do, but I ride better because they are bolted on :clap

KBasa said:
I wonder if they have them for the RT?

I might be in, depending on price. We've gotta cut a bunch of trees down and paint the house this fall.

Hmmm I am about to pay a bunch of money to have trees put in.
:banghead

Ol' Ruby is getting a little saggy in the rear end, so depending on price I may be interested.

BradfordBenn said:

Come get 'em. Cypress, some kind of pine that's taken over my front yard and a very dead cherry tree.

KBasa said:
Come get 'em. Cypress, some kind of pine that's taken over my front yard and a very dead cherry tree.

Dang I am in NYC this weekend.... hmm when does AES go back to SF. Next year?

?Hmmm?

BradfordBenn said:

Is that some sort of retro/enviro/luddite alternative to Wilbers? Shocks would give a better ride. :stick

lorazepam said:
I was wondering how many folks would be interested in a group buy of wilbers shocks I am ready to replace the stock pos on my bike and wondered who might be in?

I know there were some other sport touring guys that bought at a group discount in the past.

If we got a good price break I would be interested in upgrading the rear shock on my RT :thumb

Possibly. I've been thinking about upgrading the stocker. Need to do a little research first.

net price?

Depending on the delivered price net of the discount, I am interested for my 2001 R1100 RSA. :thumb

thanks

tb

Was there enough interest?

lorazepam said:

Lorazepam, was is the status of this project. I am going to replace my rear shock and was wondering if there there was enough response?

Thanks

Roy

Forgive a seemingly dumb question. What would the advantage of a Wilbur shock be versus an Ohlins or the stockers? I have read much about the Ohlins and understand that difference although the name Wilbur I do not recognize. Is it mainly an upgrade similar to that of th Ohlins? Performance and weight loading etc?

pudgypaintguy said:
Forgive a seemingly dumb question. What would the advantage of a Wilbur shock be versus an Ohlins or the stockers? I have read much about the Ohlins and understand that difference although the name Wilbur I do not recognize. Is it mainly an upgrade similar to that of th Ohlins? Performance and weight loading etc?

The Wilbur salesman stated that the shock is made to your spec while Ohlins are imported then modified to your specs. Not sure how true that is but the Wilburs were cheaper and looked like a quality product. I want a pair for my Roadster but the $900+ price has delayed me.

actually, with such a limited reply, I sort of let it wither on the vine. I am thinking for a really good discount it would take 20+ units to get their attention. I will keep an eye on this thread and see what happens. I think the wilbers products are of good quality and less expensive than Ohlins.

Back