• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Getting the shot

What about the government car now parked across the street from your house? :D

It is hot so he is running the car to run the air conditioner. He will soon be low on gas and it is 53 miles to the gas station. He will soon be walking.

With a population of about 1,080,000 Montana has inoculated 367,000 with 142,000 fully inoculated. On April 1st the vaccine becomes available to everyone regardless of age, occupation, health condition or race.

There were 422 cases reported today. Unsettling since we have been seeing roughly 50-150 per day for the past few weeks. It turns out that Cascade county (Great Falls) failed to report 370 cases from December thru early March. So despite the significant increase in reported cases, the number of active cases (878) continues to be 5% of our high in November and active hospitalizations (54) are at 11% of our peak.

Iowa population is 3.2 million.
413,212 have completed the vaccines. 29,752 of those got the single shot Johnson and Johnson.

317,316 have one shot of a 2 shot vaccine.

Iowa population is 3.2 million.
413,212 have completed the vaccines. 29,752 of those got the single shot Johnson and Johnson.

317,316 have one shot of a 2 shot vaccine.

Alberta's population is roughly 4.5 million. We are lagging in our vaccinations but progressing a bit better lately. Today's snapshot is 379,882 doses administered out of 436,425 delivered for a 87.04% dose administration rate. This is 8,579 doses per 100k Population.

Canadian information updates daily here show 7.243% of the population having received at least one dose of Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca depending upon age, condition or location:

https://covid19tracker.ca/vaccinationtracker.html

We are also working on a couple of our own vaccines which may be ready by the last quarter or end of 2021 depending upon trial efficacy.

Iowa announced the vaccine will be available to anyone over the age of 18 starting April 5th.
The supply is supposed to be greatly increased by end of March. If this does not happen the April 5th date will be pushed back.

In theory opening up to "anybody" (over 16 or 18) will greatly simplify scheduling. That eliminates the need to verify age or complicating condition and makes it easy to just say first come first served, whether that is in making appointments or arriving at the needle. In reality, there are reports that in many locales it has been first come first served for a while anyway, as clinics, providers, drug stores, etc. ignored both CDC and state guidelines.

Last edited:
Washington state as of yesterday. 7.8 billon pop., 5206 died, 13% full vaccinated. Starting Lever3 opening.

Locally the policy of limiting vaccinations to a small sample of the population, while done with the best of intentions, made the process slower than it ought to be. In hindsight, having a larger audience eligible might have kept the lines filled all the time. I know a few people who went to vaccination sites and told the staff that they could respond in short order if called to come in for a shot; they were called soon thereafter when there was no one to vaccinate and vaccine available. Easy to say now and I commend those involved in doing rather than talking; especially in the sub-zero temperatures we had for a couple of weeks.

Got my second (Pfizer) shot yesterday. 36 hours later, no after/side effects other than a slightly sore injection shot.

Alabama will open up to 55 & over next Tuesday (3/23/21). Life will get better soon (we hope!)

As an FYI....

According to my wife who is working both contact tracing and giving vaccinations, after effects are most likely to occur with second shot Moderna. Might last a couple of days. Its not horrible. YMMV

My daughter has also been involved in administering vaccinations. She does mostly young soldiers but has done some old farts, including me. Her experience is that the second Moderna shot does sometimes cause a sever reaction. It tends to happen in the younger people rather than older people. Her personal reaction was sever for about 24 hours; 102 temperatures and excruciating muscle pains over much of her body. She is 35 and a nutrition and fitness fanatic. While not the norm it is also not rare for the soldiers she vaccinated to have similar reactions. On the other hand, none of my friends of my vintage have had any notable reactions. My #2 is scheduled in three weeks so I shall see.

My daughter has also been involved in administering vaccinations. She does mostly young soldiers but has done some old farts, including me. Her experience is that the second Moderna shot does sometimes cause a sever reaction. It tends to happen in the younger people rather than older people. Her personal reaction was sever for about 24 hours; 102 temperatures and excruciating muscle pains over much of her body. She is 35 and a nutrition and fitness fanatic. While not the norm it is also not rare for the soldiers she vaccinated to have similar reactions. On the other hand, none of my friends of my vintage have had any notable reactions. My #2 is scheduled in three weeks so I shall see.

Voni and I both had mild reactions to our second Moderna shot. About 24 hours after the shot Voni got a case of the chills. Then two or three hours later I got the chills. We did not have fevers. Since it was evening we just had an early bed time and by morning things were basically fine. We both felt tired but that was it.

I got my second Moderna shot on Monday morning. About five hours later I was somewhat nauseous for about 45 minutes - half-way between hurl and no-hurl. That passed and I was somewhat tired later in the day so went to bed early. Second day was a bit achy in the morning and a bit lower energy than usual, but that's been it.

Just in-

AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 Vaccine Is Cleared by Europe After Blood-Clot Concerns
Benefits of using the vaccine outweigh its potential risks and inoculations should proceed, says bloc’s medicines agency

OM

I had the Pfizer on Saturday and experienced just some tenderness for a few hours. The lady in my life had no reaction. The doses are miniscule, a third of a c.c. I think the nurse said.

Nice to get this done with.

Been more than 2 weeks since my wife and I had our second Moderna. She had zero effects other than relieved that she has more of a chance of being around to get onto me for awhile longer. For me.....had BADD fatigue with little energy and a diminished appetite for a good two weeks and now the appetite is coming back and the energy is there with it..........
What I am hating to see is the folks out there that one knows havent had any shots yet just going about their business like all is normal. Went up to Murfreesboro, Tn, the other day for some VA business. When we went out to eat it was like old home week with folks standing in line right next to each other and then sitting back to back and next to each other on bench seating at Chipotle...........I am just glad that I have our place up here on the hill with supplies laid in and no place really to go.......Wanting to hook up the Airstream and head out for parts unknown but common sense says not yet......

See you guys and gals down the road..........God bless.........Dennis

I had my #2 and had 36 hours of malaise and a 100.5 fever. SWMBO got her #2 and had no after effects.

The difference, when she got her #2 the nurse told her that in his experience those that stayed extremely well hydrated suffered fewer symptoms. She drank liters of water for 48 hours. I on the other hand probably drank a few cups of coffee and my usual glass of water with dinner.

I do t know if it would have made any difference but if I were to do it again I would drink a lot of water before and after getting the shot. It couldn't hurt.

Back