• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Getting the shot

Maybe a visit to a hospital with COVID patients, or just a conversation with a medical professional who has worked a COVID ward would be a convincing argument that this virus is highly contagious, deadly, and won't magically disappear.

Finally, the truth comes out. This must be the Smoking Man from the X Files. Am I right?

Nothing of the kind. Worked as an investigator for an AG's criminal division; got involved with various cases involving all the agencies I mentioned previously except the company boys assoc with Langley and the pentagon.

In that case, I was fortunate to have been trained by an original OSS agent named Mitch WerBell III through his organization under the SIONICS moniker in the early 80's. One of his good old boys from those OSS days was General Singlaub who was at the time the head of the Navy at the pentagon. Singlaub would move satellites prior to missions OCONUS for WerBell. Just over 3 years with that org.

The time WerBell was stopped on his way to the airport and found to be carrying a full auto Mac10 in a briefcase and was arrested. made a phone call, he was released, no charges filed. That's an example of the deep state at it's finest. Private planes with no flight plans used to transport people OCONUS for work "off the books", just another example of the deep state doing what it does best, keeping the American citizens oblivious to what they are up to.

The gov never released anything we were doing to the public, off the books as it were. Learned over 28 years how the deep state works, and how the American public doesn't have the first damned clue about what goes on behind closed doors. Hell, it took 50 years for the public to know the head of the feds [ Hoover ] was spying on Americans illegally, setting up people that threatened his reputation or could expose his penchant for little boys.

Iran-Contra, another deep state operation that was eventually exposed. Know why Ollie got off with a slap on the wrist? He too knew too much about the working of the deep state, as he had also been working for them in one capacity or another. The list is long over the last several decades, much of which has never seen the light of day to the American people who are still oblivious.

Air America running guns to SA in exchange for drugs being imported illegally into the US, another deep state action that eventually was exposed after decades of operating with impunity violating all manner of laws.

People don't know what they don't know, thus the deep state continues to function within our borders and OCONUS

Last edited:
Obviously, you didn't recognize my sarcasm. Sorry - I was just trying to make a point about meaningless questions meant only to cast suspicion.

Sorry, no I didn't catch the sarcasm, an emoji would have given a hint to your intent.

As an investigator for 28 years for various agencies, I'm someone who naturally asks questions, looks for motives behind someone's actions.

Time to break out the emergency foil hats!

I've listed enough deep state crap that's been exposed over time, above, that to ignore it exists seems as if people are in denial it exists in the face of facts in evidence,

I'm good with that, people don't know what they don't know, and when they are spoon fed examples of the deep state that HAVE been exposed, much of it well documented, well, as the saying goes,

you can lead a horse to water but they can refuse to drink anyway :thumb

A few people's bad behavior while in positions of power does not make a deep state. Nor do lizards hiding as people, folks eating children, or pedophiles in the basement of a pizza parlor that didn't have a basement.

And your motives on this thread are what? :scratch

:dance:dance:dance

There is no motive, other than to express my hesitation to get the shot and the explanation behind that hesitation. Responding to others remarks specifically addressed to myself [ like being called an anti vaxer by another, being labeled a tin foil hatter etc ] requires no motive other than to shed light on their errant statements ].

I really do wish that instead of dealing with the worst infectious disease crisis I have personally been involved with in my 38 years of being a physician, the last 34 as an Emergency Department Chairman and Medical Director, that I was selling masks on the black market, falsifying death certificates to make more money (my staff is wondering where all of this extra money is going as they were hoping to have a party), worrying every day that I would infect my 85yo mother-in-law who lives with us (just got her second shot YEAH!). Any desire to imagine this being no worse than the flu, non-existent or over-hyped has long ago been beaten out of me by reality.

When my hospital was getting its first shipment of vaccine. I volunteered to meet the shipment at the loading dock and take my first dose on the dock, they complained that it didn't meet our guidelines for me to do that. I don't care if I sound like a broken record but to all those that are getting vaccinated, from all of us living this friggin nightmare every day, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

There is no motive, other than to express my hesitation to get the shot and the explanation behind that hesitation.

OK, which you have done.
This thread has degraded the original intent... nothing new here, however becoming a tad “must have the last word syndrome” which inevitably will cause an overload, a short circuit , and closure. Yes, my deep state moderator hat going on here.
Asking everyone to go sit on your motorcycle and either go for a ride or prep your mind to do so...This is past tiring.

I really do wish that instead of dealing with the worst infectious disease crisis I have personally been involved with in my 38 years of being a physician, the last 34 as an Emergency Department Chairman and Medical Director, that I was selling masks on the black market, falsifying death certificates to make more money (my staff is wondering where all of this extra money is going as they were hoping to have a party), worrying every day that I would infect my 85yo mother-in-law who lives with us (just got her second shot YEAH!). Any desire to imagine this being no worse than the flu, non-existent or over-hyped has long ago been beaten out of me by reality.

When my hospital was getting its first shipment of vaccine. I volunteered to meet the shipment at the loading dock and take my first dose on the dock, they complained that it didn't meet our guidelines for me to do that. I don't care if I sound like a broken record but to all those that are getting vaccinated, from all of us living this friggin nightmare every day, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

You are a hero, and those who serve with you. Thank you and God bless you, and sorry for the things we've done to prolong your nightmare. I speak as one who has suffered through the virus, recovered and have had both shots. I also took this serious from the time CDC came out with their first guidelines last March, have and still do mask up anytime I'm out, not for me but for everyone else. Thanks for your service.

You are a hero, and those who serve with you. Thank you and God bless you, and sorry for the things we've done to prolong your nightmare. I speak as one who has suffered through the virus, recovered and have had both shots. I also took this serious from the time CDC came out with their first guidelines last March, have and still do mask up anytime I'm out, not for me but for everyone else. Thanks for your service.

Gary - PMs sent.

Received my second Modera vaccination yesterday! You, and the people in your profession, should be given a ticker tape parade, and would be if I had anything to do with it.

I hear all the whining and complaining about wearing a mask and wonder if these people could really be the decedents of the Greatest Generation who fought two wars simultaneously against the most hideous evil of the last thousand years, and didn't complain, but just did what had to be done, and I'm discouraged. But, then I see what our medical professionals have had to deal with and the way they just did what had to be done, and the literal miracle of the largely American pharmaceutical companies (in cooperation with others) in producing stunningly effective vaccines in less than a year, and I rejoice that the spark of American greatness is still with us.

If Churchill were still with us, he would say once more, "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."

Last edited:

You have the patience of a saint! I was a military PA and quickly burned out on patient care in the civilian world when I realized how few of those I was seeing took any responsibility for their own health. I moved over to public health (epidemiology) when the internet was in its infancy, never realizing how destructive a role the whole social media circus would play. It’s a zoo!

You and others in health care are respected and appreciated more than you can know...

Pete

I received the Johnson and Johnson shot, but it seems I'm in the minority. Anyone else in this group? I had no noticeable side effects, can't even feel the microchip.

Our age group in 1c opened up Monday here... finding an appointment is the trick as they are still in 1a and b and full
Our little local pharmacy would most likely only receive J&J, which I would be good with in spite of the black helicopters circling :laugh

Our age group in 1c opened up Monday here... finding an appointment is the trick as they are still in 1a and b and full
Our little local pharmacy would most likely only receive J&J, which I would be good with in spite of the black helicopters circling :laugh

Well Steve, Texas is 48th in the nation in the per cent of the population inoculated with the vaccine. Out here it is chaos. But, you will find it sooner or later - hopefully sooner.

Back