• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

big TFT Navigation symbology? (connected app)

Anyone aware of a table or something regarding the symbology used in Connected app version of the Navigation? My display is peppered with all these symbols whose meaning is not clear or even intuitive... or perhaps it's just my 52 year old eyeballs... Maybe I just need to take a good picture and blow it up lol.. Not much luck with the searches here on the forum and out in the inter webs.. The manual does not appear to get this deep into the weeds, either.

Close- but I mean symbols used within the Navigation software itself. Hardware symbols are certainly out there and in the manual.

Yes- I will get a pic. These changes are kinda-sorta new. This was part of a larger Connected app update that included some other details like traffic conditions and such (red lines for jams, closures, etc). Easier said than done to get a pic tho, so be patient. The Navigation will need to be in operation, of course which occupies my phone, so I'll need to get it all rolling and steal my wife's phone for the pic..:laugh.

Mostly these mystery symbols are like a red dot or something that may have numbers on them.. I wondered if maybe they represented POI's (points of interest), But can't really think of what that would be useful for when you cannot interact with them..

Either way- I'll get a pic up here ASAP. Others feel free to add yours if you know what I'm talking about.

Yes- I will get a pic. These changes are kinda-sorta new. This was part of a larger Connected app update that included some other details like traffic conditions and such (red lines for jams, closures, etc). Easier said than done to get a pic tho, so be patient. The Navigation will need to be in operation, of course which occupies my phone, so I'll need to get it all rolling and steal my wife's phone for the pic..:laugh.

Mostly these mystery symbols are like a red dot or something that may have numbers on them.. I wondered if maybe they represented POI's (points of interest), But can't really think of what that would be useful for when you cannot interact with them..

Either way- I'll get a pic up here ASAP. Others feel free to add yours if you know what I'm talking about.

Awesome. I use the Connected Ride app, too, so I’m curious and want to know, too. :thumb

I saw a post over on the K16 forum that indicated that they show max accel, lean, etc. but that's now that I'm seeing in my app. :dunno

Back