• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Garmin 2720 - Help with Track into Routes?

Has anyone has converted tracks to a route on a Garmin 2720 Street Pilot?

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I don't have a 2720, but I would create routes from tracks in Mapsource on my computer and download them to the GPS.

Found this on ADV Rider, not sure if it is helpful...

Hi Astrofil - When you double click the track name on the menu bar in mapsource a small window comes up listing all the track points. Click on the name of the track and make sure to change the first two words of the track name to "Active Log" (eg "Active Log Copper Canyon") Once you do this just load it like you normally would... and the 2720 will display the track on the screen. I do this and then just follow the dotted line! ericw

From this thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555290

Pull the track into BaseCamp or MapSource (which is obsolete, so I recommend BaseCamp) and make the conversion there.

Back