• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Fuel fittings into the tank

RB_RT

Some of you may have seen or commented on my transmission replacement posting, which is the lead in to this question / opportunity / issue.
As life continues to get in my way, my projects take longer to complete. Case in point, the reassembly of my 2006 R1200RT that required a replacement transmission. After putting it all back together, then bleeding the brakes, I was finally able to get the rest of the pieces and parts back on. The issue I am seeing now is the front fuel line connection to the tank leaks. When I disassembled the bile, I put a plastic bag on top of the connections on the tank, and wrapped the fuel lines and connectors in small plastic bags with ZIP ties around theme to keep them clean.
When I inserted the front fuel connector, it started to weep. So I pulled it back out, verified that the o-Ring was still in place and tried again.
It seemed to seat better, so I checked the sync on the Throttle Bodies and went out for a test ride. All good but there was a little trickle of fuel around the connection again. Once again - reseat. Once again, I thought I had it so I put the tupperware back on an took a little ride.
Acceleration was good, everything ran and shifted well, but when I really got on the throttle, the engine stuttered. First thought - fuel delivery.
When I got home, I smelled fuel and removed the radio controls to get access to the fittings, and the front connection was leaking again.
Here is my question. Is there a rebuild kit that contains new O-Rings for the two connectors or is there a process that I can try to clean the fittings, replace the fittings, whatever to get this issue resolved? As always, thanks for the feedback
Roy

Attachments

• IMG_1745.jpg
    IMG_1745.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Your bike may be on the 2nd recall list for the fuel pump flange.
The female fitting on the fuel pump.

Back