• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Electronic Voltage Regulator 1974 R90/6

mwctexas

Hello....I was told a few days ago there's an electronic voltage regulator available for airheads. If you have info, if or who makes one, I would greatly appreciate a reply. Thank you ....Mike

Not sure what you mean by "electronic" or what your actual needs are; but Rick at Motorad Elektric, an advertiser in BMWMOA News, is THE GUY for information and products electric for the "airhead" series of engines and frames............Good luck..Dennis

I have one of these http://tinyurl.com/mz3342b on my R80G/S.
Sold by EuroMotoelectric.
I set it to charge to 14.5 - 14.7 as I have an Odyssey battery in that bike and the OEM regulator does not charge it fully due to lower cutoff voltage of around 14.2

Been in the bike for over a year now with no issues. Dire warnings of popping bulbs etc are not an issue.

Thanks!!

Hi Guys.....yep...thanks for the info...just ordered from EuroMotoelectric....exactly what I was looking for!!

Back