• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

ebay auction out of control

Yeah, if I needed one, that's what it would cost. If I was selling one, I'd post it three times and get no bidders.

Even more if it's chrome
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ame=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=&item=130231528684

Also saw a /2 headlight shell (needed paint and had some rust) sell for $450 (Bob's lists them NOS for $275)

My favorite was a /6 gas tank that decription said: This tank is rusted, dented and leaks. (nobody even bid on it, but talk about honesty in advertisement)

It does amaze me that people will pay a higher price + shipping, than they can buy locally just to save taxes.

What's the difference between that and my R75 toolkit? They look identical.

I've got all that including that 'impossible' to find 'CORRECT' gaper (surely he meant gapper), tire patch kit too. It even has the rare patina look...uh, hard to find one NOT patina'd.

Ah well, like a used car salesman know, there's an ass for every seat out there.

:scratch

Reminds me of a 1968 Mustang I sold one year. Couple guys came to look at the car, I had advertised it for $1800 (this was in the late 70's).

They huddled in private after driving it, then ask "What's the lowest you'll take"?

I scratched my chin, said that I couldn't go any lower than $1300.

They re-huddled, the came out and asked if I'd take $1500. :scratch

With a straight, serious face, I accepted. We had a deal and it was KILLING my funnybone inside. :dance

People do what they wanna do and some are just not burdened by logic.

in the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy five book trilogy the obervation was made that certain things function because there is enough stupid people in the universe

There's a Bing Manual up for auction right now that is up to $30.90 plus shipping, I just bought one from bing a couple of weeks ago for $10.50 postage included!:dunno

There's a set of used Type 3 K bike saddlebags on Ebay right now and the BMW Salavage yard is asking $800. He says in his writeup that this set new from BMW would be almost $1800.

BMW list these things new for $380 each. Add another $100 for emblems and locks.

Interesting marketing technique..wonder if he'll get any bids...if so, I want the buyers name!! Lots of stuff to sell.

I really need to get my GSPD Corbin seat and GSPD saddlebags/mounts listed. I could use the cash. I've been too busy to list them, but maybe today is the day. :D

There's a set of used Type 3 K bike saddlebags on Ebay right now and the BMW Salavage yard is asking $800. He says in his writeup that this set new from BMW would be almost $1800.

BMW list these things new for $380 each. Add another $100 for emblems and locks.

Interesting marketing technique..wonder if he'll get any bids...if so, I want the buyers name!! Lots of stuff to sell.

its an Auction, people get caught up in the excitement. I've sold many items for much more than I wanted for them. I've even paid more than I should have, on some things because I really wanted the item. its a game you need to learn to play. the longer you play, the better you get at it. :dance

Back