• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dealer Showrooms

rereading my post, I read no complaints , only an observation.
"As a consumer the state of affairs at the Parts / Apparel show rooms is pretty sad. My local dealer used to be marginal , now completely useless. While they used to have a little oil / chain lube out they now have a representative one of each . You walk up to the parts counter where as there were always 2 parts techs , you get a bike salesman. Ask for parts and one eye is in the computer, the other scanning for potential motorcycle customers. What happened to the day when there was a chemical rack , made your selection and plopped it on the counter. Now they have to find the part number , check stock in the computer, then walk back and get it. I guess thats the drawback of being a geezer, I remember the way it was.
Luggage and apparel the same thing. Gondola A will have a tail bag for a GS, some hipster boots, a mug. Gondola B will have a tail bag for a Rt, top box for a Gs,some RR gloves and sneakers. You get the idea. I work for an International Truck dealer, same thing some recent marketing grads were sent out from corporate to redo the display area. Nobody has any idea what the parts numbers of the chemicals are, but it sure looks pretty and guess what the customers hate it ".
Pehaps Im too old and remembered how it was ....
As far as naming them , what are you going to do ? Call them up and say "hey one of your customers doesn't like the way your show room looks" or maybe put out a warning to others. "xyBMW has a crappy parts display". I was hoping to get some" yeah my dealers parts area looks like it belongs in a Gucci's" or "yeah my dealers parts display looks like someone multi personality disorder laid it out" or even better"my dealer has oils chemicals laid out nicely and all the GS accessories are in one spot apparel all together".
Instead I get "It would alert other members to the fact that your complaint might have some validity. Otherwise it is just whining that ought to be ignored. So be it. "
Its 64 outside im going riding

Sorry you found some responses to your post out of line. They're somewhat like the dealerships' inventory/display in your area.

Back