• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Cost $$ of new RT.

tleonard

I spoke with the dealer (the only one in the state) this Fall about ordering a new RT for the Spring. Asking about pricing, the salesman said the bike would be list price, $389 doc fee, and $395 build fee. Per instruction of ownership, this is non-negotiable and would require a "hefty" deposit.

Well, I didn't expect they were selling at invoice, but I was still disappointed seeing as an ordered bike is zero liability to them, coupled with their high doc and build fees. I also would be hooked to them for probably the first couple of services and possibly need help with accessories and so on. I thought there would be some form of incentives.

Is it worth traveling out-of-state? Are there any inter-mountain dealers that you would recommend I speak with in this tougher, supply issues, time? Thanks.

You are likely to get more and better responses if you fill out your profile so others have an idea of where you are located.

Best,
DeVern

If this is what you mean by "inter-mountain" it's a big area:

What is the Intermountain Region of the US?
The Intermountain Region includes all of Nevada and Utah, southern Idaho, western Wyoming and much smaller proportions of California and Colorado.

More specifics would be helpful as DeVern noted.

I'm in Utah. Which has the 1 dealer in Salt Lake. There is a dealer in Boise, ID. Another in Missoula MT. And a Las Vegas dealer. Thats why I mentioned the Inter-mountain area as there just aren't that many dealers around here as there are in the East.

Also a dealer in Grand Junction, CO. You could check with any of those and see if you can strike a better deal. The only one I am at all familiar with other than SLC is Boise, where their lead salesperson (Chuck) transferred to the new dealership when Big Twin sold and the dealer principal retired.

The reality is that none of the dealerships are getting the kind of allotments they’d like, so as a result prices are tending to remain high and discounts rare. The SLC dealer only received a handful of 2021 RTs (4 or 5 IIRC) and could have sold many times that number had they been able to get them. And don’t forget that as an MOA member you can make your best deal with the dealer then be sure to ask about getting the BMWMOA discount on a new bike.

And I agree that “doc fees” in general have gotten ridiculously high. When the law allowing that was passed in UT the fees were $50 at most places. Now we see car dealers tacking on fees in the $400-$600 range.

Good luck with your quest,
DeVern

If you joined the MOA when your join date is BMW is offering $500 discount.
My 22 is sitting at the dock in Newark.
Price was build price on BMW website and $600 delivery and setup.
Taxes and all the rest on top of that

I think the RT is $645 destination fee but that's on the sticker. Doc fees at some dealers is $0 near me (non BMW), most are $200-$300 and some go way higher.

As someone else said, $500 off for being an MOA member is nice. Check if your job has a BMW corporate discount. My corporate discount gets me another $500 off.

Ordered my '22 a few weeks ago, price was same as built online. My dealer in Fife, WA matches incentives so $1000 off, which basically covers the destination and setup fees.

Just today I purchased a '22 RT. This unit still showed a $495.00 freight charge. The more recent shipments have gone to a $645.00 charge. The unit content list, typically handing on bike, has the statement; "Pre-Delivery Assembly (PDA) charges are included in MSRP". So any other charges, not affixed to a dealer installed item, is a dealer add-on to generate additional profit. Perhaps limited in some states, but not illegal in most or all.

Radio units are an easy add-on if bike has the Audio Prep Kit. Radios are a $636.00 list item, but are frequently discounted. BMW is picking up the installation cost, which includes an hour or so software download. I was told the radios are ordered as units are sold and take about two weeks to arrive. Tire Pressure Monitoring is also an add, which I've been told is being discounted over 50%.

I shopped several dealers and found only one who gave a discount, which was $500.00. The range offered for my trade varied quite a bit.

And naturally, a shout out to MOA (Ted), for the $500.00 provided through dealer, as a factory rebate.

Life is Good.

BMW Motorrad build your own shows a 2.38% D&H fee today vs 1.83% in the recent past (I have a build sheet from 11-14-2021). The fee is based on the base bike plus all Optional Equipment. The invoice price for Full Audio is $1,200

I've heard nothing good about the Las Vegas Dealer. They are a "supergroup" kind of dealer, with several stores. Buddy had a bad experience trying to buy remote.

BMW Motorrad build your own shows a 2.38% D&H fee today vs 1.83% in the recent past (I have a build sheet from 11-14-2021). The fee is based on the base bike plus all Optional Equipment. The invoice price for Full Audio is $1,200

I had thought D&H was a flat rate, but I noticed on the last bikes the D&H was 2.59% $495 on each of our RSs.

Purchased a 2022 RT two weeks ago and my sticker price label shows shipping cost of $495.

Highly recommend Iron Horse Motorcycles in Tucson, AZ. They're a family-owned dealership and sell only BMW bikes.

Super easy to do business with. Just call Jim and he can make all the arrangements over the phone. Received a $500 MOA discount, which the dealership matched.

Plus, Tucson has an airport served by Southwest Airlines for those who want to do a "fly-and-ride." Weather is great in Arizona this time of year.

As of this post, Iron Horse has two 2022 RTs (white and blue) available.

https://ironhorsemotorcycles.com

Ride safe,

Bob

I had thought D&H was a flat rate, but I noticed on the last bikes the D&H was 2.59% $495 on each of our RSs.

It does seem like a flat rate but shown as a percentage that varied by the cost of the bike. STRANGE way to present in my option

Thanks. I hadn't caught that the shipping had gone up from $495 to the current $645.

Today I got a build sheet from a dealer for a Mineral White, full audio with the premium package, D&H fee $645. He told me back in November BMW didn't have a shipping contract with DHL anymore but they sill transported their bikes. We are all aware shipping rates have gone up so not a surprise, 23% is a lot to swallow.

Back