• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2014 RT clutch replacement

Bobhudak

I posted on here a couple of months ago about my clutch slipping. I priced the clutch replacement at two dealers in my home state and got quotes of $4000 and $2400. I priced the clutch replacement at BMW Motorcycles of Southeast Michigan for $1100. I had the work done in Michigan where I originally bought the bike. They got the bike back to me in 2 days and the final price was just under the quoted price. I was only in town for a couple of days and on a schedule. I was happy with the work and would highly recommend them to anyone.

The two dealers in my home state are great dealers and I would use them as well. I'm just going to shop around next time I have a big job. And the ride to Michigan from Florida was fun as well!

Glad things worked out, Bob! Always good to hear about good service and a satisfied customer! :thmb

I posted on here a couple of months ago about my clutch slipping. I priced the clutch replacement at two dealers in my home state and got quotes of $4000 and $2400. I priced the clutch replacement at BMW Motorcycles of Southeast Michigan for $1100. I had the work done in Michigan where I originally bought the bike. They got the bike back to me in 2 days and the final price was just under the quoted price. I was only in town for a couple of days and on a schedule. I was happy with the work and would highly recommend them to anyone.

The two dealers in my home state are great dealers and I would use them as well. I'm just going to shop around next time I have a big job. And the ride to Michigan from Florida was fun as well!

Did you rreplace with stock parts or aftermarket?

I've been looking at this one if and when I need a replacement. I particularly like the sleeves which slide over the clutch basket fingers.

https://rekluse.com/product/torq-drive-clutch-adventure/

I had the work done at the dealer and they used BMW parts. It made a huge difference, and the bike runs like a new bike!

When my motor needs a clutch, it's going to be replaced with bmw oem as I believe that's the only game in town for my year/model [ 11RT and 16RS ]

Wow, I would have never expected that much of a difference between dealer quotes from different regions. Thanks for the heads up from just down I-4 a bit.

Was one of your quotes from Haps in Sarasota? That is where I go for service.

When my motor needs a clutch, it's going to be replaced with bmw oem as I believe that's the only game in town for my year/model [ 11RT and 16RS ]

I believe there are a number of suppiers would can provide clutch parts for both of those models.

I believe there are a number of suppiers would can provide clutch parts for both of those models.

Thanks, my brother just had a Barnett clutch thrown in his 07GT. I looked for them making either for my two and no go. I'll keep searching, thanks

rekluse

Did you rreplace with stock parts or aftermarket?

I've been looking at this one if and when I need a replacement. I particularly like the sleeves which slide over the clutch basket fingers.

https://rekluse.com/product/torq-drive-clutch-adventure/

I installed a Rekluse on my one of my dirt bikes; really like it. LOTS of info on Rekluse/dirt bikes. Personally, although I am interested in the Rekluse kit, I would hesitate to install it on my BMW... until I read a lot of positive feedback. I would choose the OEM BMW clutch for now.

I installed a Rekluse on my one of my dirt bikes; really like it. LOTS of info on Rekluse/dirt bikes. Personally, although I am interested in the Rekluse kit, I would hesitate to install it on my BMW... until I read a lot of positive feedback. I would choose the OEM BMW clutch for now.

If, when needed, I install one I'll be certain to post it here in the Forum.

Back