• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Christmas Traditions

MOTOR31

What do you have for a family tradition?

Eight years ago I started a new life when my then GF agreed to marry me on Christmas Eve.

Since then we have gone through breast cancer and other health issues. Every Christmas Eve I ask my wife to marry me again. My present is another year together. So far it's been 6 years since we started fighting cancer and we aren't giving up yet, or ever.

First glad it has been successful so far.

We have very few traditions other then one present Christmas Eve, then the other one is that we can not open presents until the other is awake. And no waking me up before noon!

Now in the it is special time of year also category. Jennifer and I had our first "encounter" on December 18 so this time of year is usually kind of nice and romantic.

The other tradition is video games, lots of video games.

Dutch Baby Pancakes

In 5 hours, I'm making my niece and nephew a double batch w/ warm fresh apple sauce, Vermont maple syrup.
400 degree oven, preheated with a Wagner cast iron skillet inside

In a blender add next four ingredients, preferably as close to room temp as possible, and blend until frothy/frappe.
3 eggs
2 Tbsp. butter (melted)
Heavy pinch of kosher salt (1/2 tsp iodized crap)
1/2 c. whole milk

Slowly pulse in the flour, pouring slowly.
1/2 c. flour

Butter your hot skillet while hot - add your blended batter
Bake 6 - 10 minutes until it's risen, golden brown and steaming hot

Immediately crest with confectioners sugar, apple butter, applesauce, butter, maple syrup or just plain jam.

Have a merry Christmas! :eat

When we were still dating, I was told that if I wanted to see my <now> husband, I had to travel back to his parents for Christmas. 15+ years later, here I am.

In a few hours, everyone will be up and we will enjoy a tradition that I introduced. Warm homemade sticky buns along with champagne and strawberries. After presents, it will be a day of grazing.

I love the holidays!

Merry Christmas one and all!

Tracy

Traditions hhmmm... Ours is I spend larges sums of cash buying my wife sparkly jewelry and she gets me absolutely nothing I asked for.. Todays gift was especially touching $100.00 in a envelope wow. That won't even pay for the next service on my RT... Now don't get me wrong. It's not the value of the gift but the thought.. and she didn't think very hard.... Oh well, happens every year so that makes it a tradition right???

Last edited:
My wife and I wrap all the presents on Christmas Eve together, after the kids are in bed. We share some wine, crackers and cheese, while we wrap everything. It started when the kids were little, but we have continued the tradition.

john1691
2000 K1200RS

Back