• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Connected App./ TFT Navigation

To all gurus. Question: On voice commands from Navigation TFT Display on bike I get nothing on Bluetooth earbuds. Am I to assume
that only Helmet installed BMW communication system (Or other System for helmets) will work with Navigation system for receiving audible turn directions? Please advise. Thank you. Andy

I had to actually go into the settings and activate the audio directions in the connected app - don't have TFT or BMW nav unit. But when I installed, audio instructions was off by default.

In addition to r0ckrat's suggestion about app settings, you will need volume up on high on phone and if you have volume setting on earbuds I'd suggest they get cranked up to high as well. Does the bike show paired to your earbuds?

Will try to activate audio instructions, again, because I thought I did. Volume on TFT set to high. No apparent bluetooth icon of earbuds on TFT. Will play around a bit more. Google remarks seemed pointed to helmet communicators only. Hard to believe blutooth not compatable with other headsets, helmet sets other than BMW or bluetooth earbuds. Will see. Thank you for replies. Appreciated.
Andy

I have a Sena SMH10r and its semi compatible. I can connect my headset to the motorcycle just fine and the only function which does not work is volume control through the wonder wheel, everything else works correctly and very well IMOP. In the TFT I believe under the settings there is a connections tab where you pair your headset to the bike, if your earbuds are not showing connected there then I believe you've found your problem.

Thank you all. Will try. BMW should try to simplify Nav. so bluetooth to bluetooth device connectivity is not restricted. Frankly helmet communicators have not worked for me with road noise interruptions; so earbuds used. Works fine with cellphone Waze or Google Maps with perfect clarity at speed. Appreciate all comments.
Andy

Ok, obvious now that more time has been expended the TFT Nav. App. with audio turn by turn instructions cannot be heard by standard bluetooth devices other than BMW Helmet Communicator and perhaps a Sena compatable communicator.

I have heard that just about any communication device (sena, pactalk, etc.) can connect, but all functions with the wheel may not be available.

For what it's worth, BMW's communicators are *based on* Sena's 10-series devices, made for BMW by Sena.

Also, if wind noise is the problem with using a communicator, try wearing earplugs and turning up the volume. I have no trouble hearing and speaking with others up to about 80 mph.

Well, thank you all for your knowledge contributions. My lack of success with helmet communicators and wind noise ís a given; so I will use cell phone for Navigation paired with ear buds as primary and for voice commands, and use BMW TFT Nav. as backup.
Thank you all again.

Back