• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Big Wide Boots

No Joy

I got the Tourmasters and wore them around the house. They really didn't feel much wider than any of the others I've tried. They're just too narrow to be comfortable. I decided to send them back. Not sure what to do now. Custom made boots are just too expensive. Maybe I'll try to find some work boots or hiking boots that fit & that I can shift with. Oh well...

I have the same problem as you - wide feet, made worse by a neuroma in one foot that can't take any compression on the side of the forefoot. I also wear Keen's for hiking due to the wide toebox.

For the bike, I recently got rid of the painful Sidi's and went with the Gaerne Balance Oiled - they are truly heavenly. Lots of room in the toebox, quality construction and oh-so comfortable. I had so many problems before that I just rave about these things. Waterproof, breathable, and they look pretty good too. I got mine from Atomic Moto.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

I got the Tourmasters and wore them around the house. They really didn't feel much wider than any of the others I've tried. They're just too narrow to be comfortable. I decided to send them back. Not sure what to do now. Custom made boots are just too expensive. Maybe I'll try to find some work boots or hiking boots that fit & that I can shift with. Oh well...

Go to a cobbler and get them stretched.

Gaerne makes wide-fitting boots at a fantastic price. Out of my last 14yrs of riding, I'm on my 3rd pair and I've tried a few other makes and models in-between. I wear a size 46 wide and I have a high arch: bought 1 size up, inserted an Ecco leather insole, and it's like wearing your most comfortable sandals or sneakers. Give Gaerne a try, you won't be at all disappointed.

For the record, I'm now wearing the Gaerne GMX boot, and I have a pair of their high touring boots as well (that only get 2-3 weeks of action per year, but it's continuous).

Sent from my iDevice using my thumbs

I have the same problem as you - wide feet, made worse by a neuroma in one foot that can't take any compression on the side of the forefoot. I also wear Keen's for hiking due to the wide toebox.

For the bike, I recently got rid of the painful Sidi's and went with the Gaerne Balance Oiled - they are truly heavenly. Lots of room in the toebox, quality construction and oh-so comfortable. I had so many problems before that I just rave about these things. Waterproof, breathable, and they look pretty good too. I got mine from Atomic Moto.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

I have large, wide feet and have also developed neuroma on the forefoot and small toes of my left foot. As you noted, any compression there is hard to take. I tried the Tourmaster Solution WP 2.0 in 49 wide, and they didn't come close on width. I also tried a sidi 48 mega touring boot (forget the name), which was also way too small in the toe box. I could barely squeeze into the Gaernes, which i like and wanted to fit. I then ordered, and after a multi-month wait received, a pair of Daytona RoadStar GTX in 49 wide from Helimot. They aren't cheap to say the least, but they're the answer for me. They'll be perfect for touring and commuting. I'm thinking of getting another pair to have "just in case".

Another boot I've found with a ton of toe box room and large sizes is the Forma Adventure. It's much more of an off road-oriented style. In my size 49, it's very bulky, an difficult to use on the shifter side.

Sidi Way Mega Rain

I've worn a pair of Sidi Way Mega Rain boots for several years, which are supposed to be EE Width. The fit of a size 45 is good for me. I wear 10.5 4E New Balance. They have never leaked.

Those with wide feet should look into the TCX boots. I have 2 pairs of them and can't say enough good things about them. They don't specifically label them as wide but they are wider than average, for sure.

I wear an EEE in dress and athletic shoes. Prior to this year, I wore a pair of Oxtar (now TCX) boots and they were very comfortable. Wanting additional protection in the ankle area, I bought a pair of AlpineStar Toucans. They do require a little time to break in but are very comfortable and the width is fine for my EEE feet. There are several on-line retailers that will take returns for full credit if you try something and don't like it.

wide boots

I wear shoes in 11 4E
I've been wearing TCX Airtech and the same boot, in the non vented boots.
Widest boots i've found, fit is great.

My foot is 11 3E. Commonly called - "Norwegian fat foot". I have two pair of boots. Russell Moccasin - 11 3E & Aero Stitch Combat Touring - 11 W. I prefer the Aero Stitch because they fit better and provide more protection. And yes, with either boot it is more difficult to shift than a pair of tennis shoes. Takes a little practice.

wide boots

I wear a 11 4E, and have two pair of TCX boots that are much wider than most.
A air mesh set and the sold leather one.
Both are great!

Resole

I wonder if you could find inexpensive lace ups (Academy?) that are wide enough and swap out the waffle sole with a thin leather sole.

Back