• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Barkbusters and OEM Mirrors 2022 F850 GSA

smswy

Could not find answer in Search using simple word or two, but I got everything else under the sun. I’m asking this in hopes someone else has actual knowledge of the matter, before I take the advice of the “take it apart and see crowd” (you know who you are). When you remove the OEM hand guards to use Barkbusters you remove the forward facing bracket that attaches to the OEM handguard and the base of the mirror stem. That bracket also serves as a spacer or stem cover of sorts. In removing the OEM handguard and that bracket, does that leave an exposed bolt stem that the base of the mirror attaches to? If so, can you purchase a spacer or longer stem cover?

Bark busters on a F850GSA

While I can't address any changes that were made with the 2022 model, on my 2019 switching from OEM (which provides only wind protection to bark busters required not modification to the mirrors.
Screenshot 2023-02-02 215309.jpg The bark busters are a major improvement and well worth the cost // Rob Adams Sweet, ID

See attached image. Does your 2019 have the OEM part that is attached on the mirror stem and projects forward to attach to the the hand guard cup? I am wondering if when you take that part off, to remove OEM hand guard, whether the mirror base stem is exposed or does the upper rubber cover come down and cover all of that area?

Attachments

• 4810E07C-A125-44B5-AD1A-5F80E7E2978C.jpeg
    4810E07C-A125-44B5-AD1A-5F80E7E2978C.jpeg
    514.3 KB · Views: 38
Rubber cup

The rubber cup covers the thread area. I installed the bark busters after being hit by a dirt bike on the wrong side of the Idaho BDR on a blind corner. We hit handle bars, it broke my left hand little and ring fingers and sent him to the hospital. The bark busters would have saved my hand but not helped him. Enjoy your bike, I sure do mine.

Back