• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bakup Anyone?

Bakup Back Rest

I have one on a R1200RT. I don't use it for around town, but only for long rides (200 miles per day). I have found it gives you the ability to shift around on the seat to different positions while providing support at the small of the back. It is adjustable for the lean angle, so you can have it resting against your back to provide firmer support or you can have it just barely touch the back so you can lean onto it.

I don't have a back problem, but I find the Bakup rest does help prevent the soreness that I sometimes experienced in the lower back when I made long rides.

Anybody got a Bakup Driver's backrest? Kinda expensive. Worth it for a long trip?

Lenny

I love mine on an RT. Still plenty of room for my wife, and just provides some back support to keep fatigue at bay. Only complaint is that it can make it awkward to get on and off the bike, but you can press in forward and down to make it easier to swing a leg over.

Back