• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Police motorcycle pillion storage box

chuchenio

Hi,

I did some searching on this forum but couldn't find a response to my question so sorry if this is a duplicate.

Now, does anyone know where to find/buy a pillion storage case for my 2019 R1250RT, similar to the ones on police motorcycles?

As I ride solo most of the time and have been thinking about adding a backrest to my motorcycle, I like the idea of removing the pillion seat and replacing it with a storage case that comes with an integrated back rest.

See images below for reference:
2022-BMW-R-1250-RT-Police-static-left.jpg

IMG_9506.jpg

IMG_9519-e1563794999369.jpg

It will be even better if this case is same length as pillion seat so I can also carry my top case for long trips.

Thanks,

Chucho

I can see the individual radio box parts in the parts fiche.
Ask your dealer if it can be ordered as a complete unit.
I did not add up all the parts. Don't be surprised if it's more than $1,000.

Every now and again you can find a R1250RTP spec bike for sale as a leftover from a police order. You might be best off looking for one of those to get it delivered to your spec rather than trying to buy all the bits which will cost a ton. Just my $0.02

Back