• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1600B GA Seats

isaacnida

I am wondering if/ is the Sargent seat worth the price. The reason I ask is because when I got my Yamaha 650 I was told to get a Mustang seat, other than the back rest I upgraded to, the seat was not any more comfortable than the stock seat. I don't want to spend that kind'a of money just to find out, it's no better then the original. I do miss by back support for the long rides. Plus is there any other sellers out there. I have noticed that the pickings seem slim.

I am wondering if/ is the Sargent seat worth the price. The reason I ask is because when I got my Yamaha 650 I was told to get a Mustang seat, other than the back rest I upgraded to, the seat was not any more comfortable than the stock seat. I don't want to spend that kind'a of money just to find out, it's no better then the original. I do miss by back support for the long rides. Plus is there any other sellers out there. I have noticed that the pickings seem slim.
I guess there can be at least as many opinions as responders, but my opinion is for Russell Day Long. That is what I have on my K1600 GTL. Factory seat had us squirming with discomfort in less than 100 miles. With the RDL, I can ride all day long in seating comfort.

I guess there can be at least as many opinions as responders, but my opinion is for Russell Day Long. That is what I have on my K1600 GTL. Factory seat had us squirming with discomfort in less than 100 miles. With the RDL, I can ride all day long in seating comfort.

I have to check them out,,,,, seems like you have to send your seat pan in.. Price is competitive. Thanks for the info. Now more researching to do.

I have to check them out,,,,, seems like you have to send your seat pan in.. Price is competitive. Thanks for the info. Now more researching to do.

Throughout years of forum posts, RDL has had the high marks especially with those that are really sensitive to stock seating. Of course there are those that seem to indeed have an “Iron Butt” and the stock seating is fine.
Let us know how you make out.
OM

Throughout years of forum posts, RDL has had the high marks especially with those that are really sensitive to stock seating. Of course there are those that seem to indeed have an “Iron Butt” and the stock seating is fine.
Let us know how you make out.
OM

Well that might be true too, I just might need to get out and ride more to tuffin up the ole backside.

I am wondering if/ is the Sargent seat worth the price. I don't want to spend that kind'a of money just to find out, it's no better then the original..

You have 30 days to return it if you don't like it.
Their spring sale is on now. I didn't see how much. You could call or email them to find out.
If you plan to attend the National they'll probably be there. I think the rally discount was 15% in Springfield.

Back