• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Anyone remember Junkyard Wars?

crazydrummerdude

advrider.com
I think it was also called Scrapheap Challenge in the UK.

As I was taking a shower today, it just popped into my head... they used a BMW motorcycle at least once to make one of their machines. Back when I saw the episode, I knew nothing about BMW motorcycles ...and by now, I don't even remember what they did with it, or what model it was.

Anyone remember that episode?

Wasn't that one of the flying machine events? I think it was an airhead used to power a small plane.

I remember that.
It was a airboat. Their "expert" told them that it was a 2-stroke engine that got most of its power around 8,000 rpm.
I think it was a R100.
Idiots. :nyah

I did some googling but didn't find anything specific. But I'm wondering if it wasn't the show where they built a hovercraft. I seem to remember the built it with the bike sitting the middle and they used the handlebars to control the wind vanes.

Kurt in S.A.

Interesting show in concept, but I always thought it was kinda artificial- but then most things that make good TV are.

I'm on a mailing list where Crash, one of the guys on the show, is a long time member.

He's pretty smart. I liked that show quite a bit.

Back