• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Anyone attach the Skene Controller to existing Front Turn Signals?

skibumwi

I have the older version of the photon blaster on my 2016 RT, works great and highly recommended.

Back when I bought the lights I saw a wiring diagram that should the Skene controller actually powering the existing turn signals so that they would become running lights and flash OFF instead of being constantly turned off and flashing ON. I think it's a great idea but hesitated due to warranty concerns. Has anyone wired the Photon Blaster (thanks Larry) controller to their turn signals?

- Anyone know of a good place to access the wires going to the front turn signals?
- When hooked up will the turn signals flicker they same way the photon blasters do?
- Does anyone have the old Skene wiring diagram showing this option? I can't find it on the Skene website anymore.

Thanks for the help,
Ski

Last edited:
Photon Blaster Wiring diagram is here:https://www.skenelights.com/installation-photon-blaster
Scroll down about half-way.

On my '06, with incandescent bulbs, I did not want to cut my wiring harness or possibly need to add resistors, so I just added a couple of short strips of yellow LEDs (9 LEDs per side) with adhesive backing and carefully placed them inside the signal housings. They are wired in parallel with the Photon Blasters modules, so they flash and flicker the same way. If I were to do it over, I'd try to place them a little more to the rear so that a few LEDs would be facing forward, rather than mostly to the side. These are not great pics, but you can get the idea. As running lights, they are a little more noticeable in daylight than this picture shows.

21789571139_1904c17625_o.gif

21986282031_90d4dd44b7_o.jpg

Incandescent bulbs will not flicker, but I think your 2016 uses LEDs, which can.

I have no idea about wiring access on the Wetheads.

The P3 controller is for brake lights

Last edited:
Back