• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Any K-tech days in central Florida?

Gil

I am still enjoying my honey moon with my 1988 K75. I am also a little intimidated with the bi-annual maintenance that the bike requires. I know the shaft/splines need lube. And unfortunately, it is not just the splines on the clutch that get hurt. The splines on the input shaft to the transmission are also going to need Lube. All this talk points to two options.
1-Send it to the shop, pay a high bill and have my wife nag about the cost.
2-Learn to do it myself. Thsi choice will save my marriage!

I have the books on the maintenance, but I doubt myself with these issues. What I would ask is, if any member of this board in Central Florida would perform this maintenance to their bike, would it be too much to ask if I could be a fly-in-the-wall. If so, I would love to bring my camera and in a non disruptive way, photograph the steps and items. I would gladly make the images available as a QuickTime movie and/or individual pictures of each step as well for the benefit of all of us.
I also don't know many older K-bike owners I Orlando. Do any of the members meet on Thursday night at Steak & Shake, Old Town Kissimmee or hot spot?

Looking forward to meeting more K owners.

Gil

Another K75 Interested . . .

I'd sure like to participate in a workshop or ongoing working group for K75 maintenance and repair issues (and a little beer-drinking as well!). I've managed to carry out quite bit of work on my K75S and so far things have gone well (spline lube, coolant replacement, some electrical repairs, new rotors, caliper rebuild, etc.) but I am always interested in learning more. Also BMW dealers are a pretty good distance for me (either Hap's in Sarasota or Eurocycle in far north Tampa), so it's really a pain if I have to rely on a dealer for stuff both financial and time/transport issues. I'm in St. Petersburg.

So far I've relied an awful lot on the great folks on this form for their advice, on a few old friends who know K75's, and on the IBMWR tech articles. But I'd be happy to contribute in any way I can to forming or being a part of such a K75 group. :beer

Theres a guy that's at Biff burgers in Saint pete every Saturday night. He has some what of a tech session out of his garage every Saturday. If you get a chance stop in to Biff Burgers on a Saturday night. Alot of Airheads and K bikes are there. Just look for the BMWs. We will be all together out front.

Gil,
Don't be intimidated by the process. It is not particularly difficult, merely time consuming. Look on the tech pages at IBMWR.org for some good tips and info. Sorry, I no longer have an older K model.

Back