• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A new air cooled GS?

oldcamper

Hanging in there
According to advrider and Germany’s Motorrad mag, BMW is working on a new, smaller GS.
It appears to use a version of the twin-cam 1200 engine similar to that used in the R9T.
It’s nice to see the old stuff get recycled, as it means extended parts availability for older machines and an alternative for those that want to keep things simple.

If they really want to compete with Ducati and KTM, both of whom offer more off-road capable machines than Triumph, a good place to start would be with a new single to compete with the Ducati Superquadro and KTM 690. 21/18 tubeless spoked wheel package, light weight, and ready for soft luggage. I’d go for that much more than yet another iteration of boxer GS.

Best,
DeVern

For 2024 BMW added two R12 models.

I have not paid attention to what changed with the R12 compared to the R nine T
New bodywork and a new subframe, if I recall correctly. The old one had a weird kind of droop at the end of the tank. The new one has a more refined line down the side that aligns the tail section with the bottom of the tank more cleanly.

I dunno what else they've done.

Reactions: lee
Back