• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

719 option wheels vs. stock

jimbem

I have a 2022 triple black RT ordered with delivery set for mid May. I ordered the sport 719 option wheels. Are these forged wheels and if so how much less do they weigh in comparison to the stock cast wheels ? or does someone know a way to find out the difference short of having one of each and physically weighing them?

I have a 2022 triple black RT ordered with delivery set for mid May. I ordered the sport 719 option wheels. Are these forged wheels and if so how much less do they weigh in comparison to the stock cast wheels ? or does someone know a way to find out the difference short of having one of each and physically weighing them?

BMW does not say they are lighter weight forged wheels. They are cast and may be a little heavier because of the bigger spokes.
The parts fiche shows the 719 wheels are cast.
I would have been tempted to get 719 wheels when I ordered our RSs if they had been forged wheels.

I am afraid you are right And I am disappointed. I searched the question " are bmw 719 option wheels cast and found a u-tube video showing the process of BMW pressing the cast wheel , forging it. But then the video shows them machining the high lights. The 719 wheels coming on the new RT's have painted high lights that are different from those in the video. Thanks for responding.

I am afraid you are right And I am disappointed. I searched the question " are bmw 719 option wheels cast and found a u-tube video showing the process of BMW pressing the cast wheel , forging it. But then the video shows them machining the high lights. The 719 wheels coming on the new RT's have painted high lights that are different from those in the video. Thanks for responding.

The wheel in the video I found shows a 6 inch wheel and it looks like the K1600 719 wheel.
The parts fiche shows the K1600 has a 719 Forged wheel option.
I wonder why the R does not have the same option.

<iframe width="1194" height="672" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7ZBmoMfeaN8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back