• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2016 Rally location?

The roads from the NC mountains to Hamburg look absolutely delicious. I have not been to Canada since I was 17 y/o; so it will be fun going back.

That's the spirit.

Hamburg is a half day ride from me. I will likely attend, but will plan a longer ride to a more desirable location as well.

Harry

Let me list something s to do
city of buffalo
niagara falls
frank loyd Wright
hersel Spillman
fredrick law omstead
lake erie
lake Ontario
niagara river
finger lakes region
Canada
erie canal
that's off the top of my head
there's a lot more

Letchworth State park (The grand Canyon of the East)
Old Fort Niagara
Wine tours both South and North 30 miles
Several Micro Breweries

You're not the Hardcoal. Babushkas come from Shamokin.

Babushkas come from "Polish Hill" and "Sahside". Their husbands and sons enjoyed an " Imp and Arrn" " dahna corner" when their shifts at J&L was ended.

Babushkas come from "Polish Hill" and "Sahside". Their husbands and sons enjoyed an " Imp and Arrn" " dahna corner" when their shifts at J&L was ended.

Just be thankful for the food. When all you have is the PA Dutch crap.......every eastern and southern European neighborhood looks like paradise!

Pittsbugh

"City Chicken" - alternating cubes of breaded pork and veal skewered on a wooden stick and baked in gravy. I never had them in another region of the country. Pittsburgh natives should be familiar with this culinary delight.

Bill

I hate to point out another obvious problem with having the 2016 MOA rally in Hamburg but the closest BMW dealer is near Rochester, NY and it is a smaller dealer with possibly limited shop space and help. I called them several weeks ago about doing a valve gasket on a F800 and the wait time was 3 weeks for an appointment. That shop is going to be almost 2 hrs away.

Actually, the closest BMW dealer is in Oakville, Ontario. That being said, there is work being done to get a Buffalo area BMW motorcycle franchise, but nothing is definite at the moment.

"City Chicken" - alternating cubes of breaded pork and veal skewered on a wooden stick and baked in gravy. I never had them in another region of the country. Pittsburgh natives should be familiar with this culinary delight.

Bill

My mom would Shake n Bake them.................YUMMIE!
j

Actually, the closest BMW dealer is in Oakville, Ontario. That being said, there is work being done to get a Buffalo area BMW motorcycle franchise, but nothing is definite at the moment.

The closest BMW dealer to the Billings Rally is in Sturgis SD..........266-miles to the east.

The location of the rally is only part of it for me, and a small part at that. I simply enjoy seeing old friends every year, and in their company it doesn't really matter where we are. And of course Barley is happy anytime he finds people with food who fall for The Look and give him some of what they have! The other thing that attracts me to a rally is the ride there and back. Get creative! We covered 2400 miles last year on the way to St Paul. From Vermont to the Adirondacks to the Alleghenies, to the Amish Country of Ohio, to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and the Rustic Roads of Wisconsin.

We had a blast!

Western NY is a bit close to us. I might have to ride the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway and back up thru Kentucky and Ohio to make it worth my while...

East of the Miss-up River MOA Rally's....

.... Its why they hold CO's. Top Of Rockies Club dig the week before; gives you a ride before the big annual RALLY!

Does anyone know if there is a college near the Fairgrounds that we'll be able to rent dorms/rooms?

Jason

Oops - it's been pointed out that this is the 2016 rally thread. Whew! ("Nevermind" Roseanne Rosannadanna)

THIS IS WHAT I WROTE, ABOUT BILLINGS:
We have not made any arrangements with any University. With so many hotels and motels in Billings, you should be able to find a room at one of these.
Thanks for asking.

I would have agreed before I went. Voni has two sisters who live in the area so I was familiar with the metro area. But, I'm a country boy from North Dakota, Iowa, Kansas, and far west Texas who was convinced that the urban traffic would be horrible. It wasn't. I was surprised to find light traffic and that I could be on rural two-lane roads within 15 minutes or so from the fairgrounds. Before the rally I was a naysayer. After the rally I'd say it was one of the best ever. I am frankly tired of seminars in sheep barns.

We're from Toronto and really enjoyed the 2014 rally.

I couldn't believe how light traffic was in the city...............Rod.

Back