• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2016 Rally location?

Looked at google satellite........from what I could see, lots of paved parking, not much grass, other than the interior of the track. Anybody familiar with this place?

Hamburg

I have a good friend from Buffalo, {yes, I know, stop laughing} who says that we are going to love Hamburg. Great little town, very German, micro-brews, etc.

And right next to Niagara Falls. "NIAGARA FALLS !!! Slowly I turned...step by step. Inch by inch!"

MAD DOG

Looked at google satellite........from what I could see, lots of paved parking, not much grass, other than the interior of the track. Anybody familiar with this place?

We are not using the track area. There area acres and acres of green grassy camping space along with mostly paved roads and parking areas.

I have a good friend from Buffalo, {yes, I know, stop laughing} who says that we are going to love Hamburg. Great little town, very German, micro-brews, etc.

And right next to Niagara Falls. "NIAGARA FALLS !!! Slowly I turned...step by step. Inch by inch!"

MAD DOG

But, you'll still want to cross the border to get the better view.......

NOOOOOO! That's way too close. I might have to go via Vancouver or Newfoundland to get a good ride out of it!

NOOOOOO! That's way too close. I might have to go via Vancouver or Newfoundland to get a good ride out of it!

You can't even afford to buy an "L" to give your town a proper name. Why should I take your advice on directions? :wave

got a great idea Holly..........you ride out here......drive with Yang to rally and back then ride home again. We both get to ride!!!!!!!!

Will be attending this one. Rolling up from NJ won't be a problem at all.

Just curious, having only been to two MOA rallies (Johnson City and Bloomsburg), is the rally growing that they seem to be choosing locations outside of large cities? (St. Paul, MN?) While I'll surely attend, from what I'm seeing on the maps, it doesn't look like much interesting riding nearby.

Just curious, having only been to two MOA rallies (Johnson City and Bloomsburg), is the rally growing that they seem to be choosing locations outside of large cities? (St. Paul, MN?) While I'll surely attend, from what I'm seeing on the maps, it doesn't look like much interesting riding nearby.

I think that is driven by the requirements of the membership. If you want hotels nearby, plenty of dining choices, air conditioned buildings for the vendors, extensive shower facilities etc it pretty much limits the choice of suitable sites.

I don't really consider the quality of rides at the rally so much as the quality of the ride there and back. I live in Vermont, but for 2016 I'd probably cross into the Adirondacks, down to northern WV, back up thru the Alleghenies to the Finger Lakes, then over. Adventure rarely takes a straight line!

I think we have seen the last of locations like Johnson City and Bloomsburg because of revisions to the requirements to host a rally. In an effort to make the rally experience "better" for members, the requirements are very tough and it will be hard to find places that meet the requirements where there is also good riding in the area. Look at them:

Once a site is identified the review process begins...does it meet our basic requirements?

1.Site size 100 acres or larger.
2.Adequate grass camping area of about 50 acres.
3.Indoor air conditioned vendor area consisting of 50,000 square feet or more.
4.Wireless Internet service for vendors and Cyber Cafe.
5.Adequate toilets and showers.
6.2,500 motel/hotel rooms within a 30 mile radius of the rally grounds.
7.Exclusive BMW MOA Beer Garden.
8.RV Parking - 100 spaces minimum.
9.Paved area of at least 200 feet by 300 feet (on or off rally grounds) to teach Rider Performance University Rider Courses.
10.Grandstand or Arena seating for at least 3500 for the Closing Ceremonies.
11.Off Road area (on or off rally grounds) for GS training.
12.Six or more air conditioned areas of various size for holding seminars.
13.Unpaved area on or off site for GS Giant event and off pavement rider training

Back